Ch. 37

Quick Authors note to start this chapter out! Just wanted to let all of you all know I have decided to make a sequel to this story called "Reckless in Love" please add it to your libraries or reading lists so you know when I start that! However this story has quite a bit to tell!!

10 votes for a double update on FRIDAY or 10 COMMENTS

__________________________________________________________________________

Adaline James

"What? You are leaving?"

My heart sank when I saw Leo's face. It looked completely broken.

"Leo, wait." I ended the call to Cat and dropped my phone on the couch and followed Leo as he was on his heels walking upstairs.

He didn't even flinch at me saying anything to him. I was following up the stairs, but he was going much faster than I was and before I knew it the bedroom door was slammed nearly in my face. I grabbed for the knob and to my surprise it was still open.

I pushed the door open and saw my bags thrown onto the floor along with Leo ransacking the closets throwing my stuff onto the ground.

"Leo stop it." I went over to him and grabbed his arm.

"I am just helping you pack." He growled at me, but he didn't sound mad..

"Stop it, come talk to me." I pulled on him.

"Quit it, you are leaving. Get you shit and leave."

"Come on, Leo come over here and talk to me. We need to talk about this."

He stayed quiet and just turned to me.

He was crying.

"Leo." I paused, I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him over to the bed and made him sit down.

"Why are you leaving me Adaline." He put his head into his hands and just shook his head.

"I never said anything about leaving you, if I wanted to leave I would have done it by now. I was just telling Cat I want to leave the area not you." I kneeled in front of him.

"Leaving the area is leaving me, my entire livelihood.." He stopped and finally lifted his head.

"Leo, I have so many bad memories here. I really cannot stay in a house or city where I've been raped and beaten on more than one occasion. Let alone if Marcus doesn't get an actual sentencing he'll be on your ass and mine whether he still has a job or not." I just looked at him.

"Then we can move into a different house, I can have men at a house around the clock to protect you Adaline." He grabbed my hands.

"Leo, a new house won't stop all of the awful thoughts that run through my head everytime i'm alone in this house, or even when I'm in this bed alone. I think of Giovanni taking me from this very room when you were down the stairs. You haven't been through half of what I have in this damn house." I was in tears.

"I grew up in this town, this is where my father is buried. I haven't left the city for more than two weeks at a time without being called back for work. I cannot move and have to leave you every few days when I get called back. Hell bought a fucking casino months ago and I have been there 4 times, I cannot up root my life from here." He shook his head.

"Leo I really do not feel safe here. I want you in my life more than you know, please can we go somewhere else. I have houses all over, we wouldn't even need to buy anything." He pulled me onto the bed as I finished speaking.