Ch. 6

Adaline James

Dante left me at the house by myself for the first time in the last two days, which I'm surprised about because of what happened this afternoon. I'm still startled by it and very uneasy to be in the house alone, not only because of Giovanni but because I still don't understand why I am being held here other than Marcus doing something to them..

Attempting to find something to entertain myself I decided to cook.. Nothing else can seem to calm me. I made my way into the kitchen, constantly noticing the blood lying on the floor from where I was attacked.. But there is way too much blood here for it to just be mine. I began to feel nauseous at the sight of it.

"Miss. James? Are you alright." A kind voice said from behind me also making me jump from not knowing anyone was here.

"Yes I'm fine." I said turning on my heels, it was an older women holding a spray bottle and a rag. She must be the housekeeper Leo mentioned earlier.

"I'm Marcie, after I clean this up is there anything you'd like me to cook for you dear." She offered.

"Oh, no thank you Marcie.. I was going to make something for myself, I enjoy cooking." I smiled.

"Okay Miss. James."

"Marcie, call me Ada please."

"I would love too, but Mr. Rossi told me to call you Miss. James.. I'm sorry if that upsets you." She claimed as she got down and began to clean the blood that was covering the floor.

I just smiled at her and let her continue cleaning.. I left the room waiting for her to be done so I wouldn't interrupt her cleaning.

After about a half hour of sitting on the couch reading random magazines Marcie informed me that she was done for the day and heading out after she left I made my way back into the kitchen.

I began to scour the kitchen for things to cook that wouldn't involve meat.. There was no tofu to be found, and hardly any other forms of protein except for vegetables. I just decided to make a vegetable stir fry. I began to prep the vegetables by chopping them and trying to locate the cutting boards and pans in this massive kitchen. It took me nearly an hour to find everything I would need.. It was already midnight when I finally got to put the food onto the stove.

"Adaline!" I heard a voice call from the front of the house.

I turned down the stove and made and poked my head out of the kitchen to see Leo standing at the front door holding a bag in hand.

"Yes?" I rolled my eyes.. I was enjoying being by myself for the short time.

"What's that smell." He said walking back into the kitchen tossing his bag onto the couch.

"Stir Fry." I said walking over to the stove and stirring it up once again.

"Would there be enough for me? I haven't eaten today." He asked taking a seat at the kitchen island with his eyes watching my every move.

"Yeah, I used almost all of your veggies you had in the fridge.." I shrugged. "Where are your bowels?" I asked turning toward him.

"I'll get them." He stood up walking over to a cabinet and grabbing two bowls out and setting them down next to me, I caught a quick glance at what looked like a splatter of blood on his shirt.

"What's on your shirt?" I rose a brow at him..

"Nothing." He hissed and sat back down in his previous seat.

I just dropped it, no point to piss off the guy who has me captured.

I split the stir fry into two seperate bowls. Sliding one across the table to Leo.