Ch. 16

Leo Rossi

My legs can't move nearly as fast as I want to be moving, I need to see Adaline now. I was sprinting through the door of the house, pushing Angelo who was guarding the door out of the way.

"Adaline." I said as my heart began to get back to a regular pace now seeing her safe in my home.

"Hi Leo." She shyly smiled up at me.

"What happened at the restaurant? Did they hurt you at all?" I said taking a step closer to her and the guys who were surrounding the couch

"She's fine leo, but there were four casualties at the restaurant.." Paolo said trying to get my focus off of Adaline.

"Four?!" I rose a brow.. "Why so many? And who?" I asked.

"We have no idea, but they are all women.. To my knowledge I would assume they are some of Aldo Valentino's women." Alec budded in, I'm not sure how he has more information than I do at this current moment though.

Out of the corner I saw Adaline raise a brow at what he said.

"What Adaline?" I asked in reaction to her confused look.

"His women?" She inquired.

How do I answer this without being too blunt..

"His whores, prostitutes, sex slaves." Alec answered.

"Oh." I could see concern in her face.

"We don't do that to women here Ada, we help get them out of the life." Dante said patting her shoulder as he sat down next to her on the couch. I look of relief washed over her face but it still looked as if she wasn't fully trusting that.

"Have any of you tried to hack into her security lines yet?" I asked.

"No, the security there is on tape not online." Paolo said.

"Fuck, the fucking cop are going to have that now." Alec growled.

"Wait calm down, I grabbed them before I left." Adaline said standing up from the couch.

"Where are they? I'll go grab them for you Ada." Dante said pushing her lightly back down on the couch.

"My coat, it should be in the kitchen."

Dante swiftly made his way in and back out of the kitchen holding two tapes.

"Why did you grab the tapes?" Alec asked turning on his heels grabbing the tapes from Dante.

"Marcus drilled it in my head to always grab them if something happened in any of the locations." she shrugged completely oblivious that it is a tad odd for an officer to not want tapes at the restaurants.

Alec turned toward her, clearly going to mention something about how odd this was.

"Alec." I cut, he looked at me and I just shook my head.

He placed the tapes into the converter so they would project on the TV, skipping over everything through the morning and early afternoon.

"What time did you realize they were there?" Alec asked.

"Not until after they ate, they called me out for compliments." She nonchalantly mentioned.

"What'd they say to you?" I do not like that they were trying to talk to her.

"Nothing really, I didn't stay by them long."

"Ada, exact words." Paolo said clearly knowing I wanted more information.

"Stuff about seeing me dressed isn't nice and a snide comment about me already working, but that was it." She finished.