Ch. 9

Marcus O'Riley

'It has been 2 weeks since the disappearance of Adaline James, owner of the AdaJ's restaurant nationwide. She has been missing for two weeks when she was supposedly abducted from her restaurant location in San Francisco.'

I honestly cannot believe that I'm hearing this being broadcasted on tv. I shook my head. Why did I ever leave her that morning. I could've been there. I could have prevented this.

'Authorities have been searching the immediate area for her. If anyone has any information on this investigation please call the hotline.'

I shook my head at the news anchor.

"O'Riley, we'd like your presence out here." I heard Adrian call.

I walked out of my office and saw the other agents looking at me with concern.

"What's going on." I asked, I have enough shit to be dealing with right now.

"Agent O'Riley, someone found a body in the back alley behind Valentino's dining establishment." Rose announced.

I felt my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach.

"Well, lets get there now. Jen call the chief to let him know we're handling this one. Jen you stay here incase anyone calls the hot-line." I stated.

"But that's probably her dead in the alley why can't I come." Jen spat back.

Everyone in the room jaws dropped.

I can't believe she just said that to me.

"Leave, you're fucking fired." I snapped.

"But what about.."

"Get the fuck out now. Everyone else to the car." I called. Everyone did as I said.

I walked over to Jen.

"Learn your place just because your daddy had the same job you have right now means absolutely fucking nothing. Pack up your desk and leave." I demanded and turned on my heels and walked away.

Leo Rossi

"Shit, Alec this situation is getting out of fucking control." I shook my head looking down at Adaline laying on the couch in my living room with a gunshot sound in her shoulder, and of course she is passed out from shock.

"I'm surprised Giovanni got a shot on her before you shot him.. You're pretty hard to beat to the trigger Leo." Alec said cleaning Adaline's shoulder up for her.

"I know, I'm pissed at myself for letting it happen. Letting all of it happen." I mumbled.

"It's not your fault Leo, it's mine for letting Gio get away that night, I can't even imagine the awful things this girl had to go through with him." he said in reference to her completely bruised body that was now exposed with all of the makeup she had on it coming off.

I left the room. I walked upstairs into my room to go grab an some clothes for Adaline, she had a few things that Dante went and picked up for her, but she had very little here. I just grabbed one of my sweatshirts and a pair of leggings I think.

I could here some of my other men in the house, making a clear give away that Alec had told them about the situation. I made the way from my room back down into the living room, which was now empty except for Adaline who now had stitches in her forehead and shoulder. I set the clothes down on the coffee table in front of her, also grabbing a blanket from the back of the couch and laid it across her body.