Ch. 40

Hello loves! Sorry I suck and it took me forever to update. I had family drama, and then some covid scares and realties.. However all of my friends and family are now as healthy and okish as can be.

There will only be about 5-10 more chapters in this book. BUT make sure you add the sequel to your library! "Reckless in Love"

_________________________________

Adaline James

I was trying to pry my eyes open, I couldn't, my head was pounding and I already felt dizzy without even being completely awake.

After a few minutes of trying to get myself to be coherent and somewhat awake I managed to pull my heavy eyelids open. I sat up in the bed and pulled the duvet with me and heard a groan coming from the other side of the bed.

"Adaline, go back to bed." Leo muttered and pulled the covers back toward him and had it over his head within moments.

Leo got very drunk last night, the most drunk I had ever seen him. He was an absoulute riot to be with once he figured out Daniel was gay and was not trying to be in my pants.

Thinking of last night makes me remember that Daniel came back to the house with us.. I should probably make sure he is alive.

I stood out of bed and was about to walk out of the room when I realized I have literally no clothes on. I walked over to the closet and grabbed a pair of sweats and a random shirt. I walked out of the bedroom now that I finally had some clothing on.

I walked into the living room to see Daniel sitting on his phone perched on the couch.

"Morning sunshine." I chirped at him quite loudly because he has never been a morning person and always gets a hangover when he drinks.

"AJ shut up." He glared at me.

"Wow spicy Danny boy today." I laughed which got a smile out of him.

"I need water or I am going to die." He said with pleading eyes.

I shook my head at him and motioned for him to come into the kitchen. I grabbed a large glass from the cupboard and filled it with water and ice and slid it to Daniel once he sat at the island.

"Thank you, I see you remember my ways of hating mornings and hangovers." he said after he gulped down his water.

"How could I forget." I winked at him. "Would you like anything special for breakfast?" I asked as I was going to begin making breakfast for everyone.

"Something smothered in cheese." He grinned.

"Also something greasy as fuck." A new voice chipped in.

I looked toward the doorway and it was Alec and Cat.

"I think I can handle that." I laughed at them as I began to pull out stuff to make an egg and potato scramble.

As i was prepping the food everyone was chatting amongst themselves and just catching up with some little things.

"AJ didn't take this in the wrong way but when did you get like rich rich?" Daniel asked, which caused Cat and Alec to break out in laughter.

"You realize I own 30 restaurant locations?" I asked, spinning toward him.

"Okay but this house is listed online for eighteen million dollars." He asked, Cat and Alec both looked stunned.

"Wait, it's on the list?" I asked. "This is Leo's home, he does alot of uhh... investing." I rose a brow toward Alec.

Which received a head nod.