Ch. 27

Leo Rossi

"Adaline, I love you." The words came spilling from my mouth and I can't believe I finally said it.

I may be in more shock that she is. I looked down to the floor then looked back at Adaline who was watching me with a wide eyed look that I had never seen from her before. She looked almost in awe rather than surprise.

"Are you going to say anything back to me?" I asked, the paused and looked back down to the floor once again.

"Leo, I love you too." She whispered and walked out of the room.

Before I could even think to go after her she was already down stairs.

"Uhm I'm taking the Audi grocery shopping.." She called from the main floor.

I jogged down the steps and caught up to her within mere moments. I looked at her face which was beet red.

"Adaline, I'm coming with you, so we can chat some more." I said grabbing the keys from her hand and placing her hand into mine.

Alec Joslyn

"Holy Hell." Cat yelled from the sofa across from me.

"What?" I shot back at her.

"Leo told AJ he loves her." Cat stood up and tossed her phone back onto the couch and started to leap toward me.

"Wait what!" I exclaimed back knowing nothing about Leo feeling this way.

Cat came barreling onto my lap and kissed me.

"This is so fucking exciting I can't even contain it." She gleamed.

"I'm so so so so happy this happened, like fuck Marcus's crusty rude ass." She planted anther kiss on me.

"Did Ada say it back?" I asked and gladly accepted another kiss from her.

"Mhmm." She hummed back into my lips.

"So she's over Marcus completely then?" I said in between kisses.

"Hopefully, because he was an ass." She said as she paused kissing me.

"Will she go meet up with him today thought?" I questioned, stopping kissing her.

"Nope, she never really intended too. Leo and her are out and about shopping right now." Cat happily chimed and continued to kiss me.

I quit with the questions and started to kiss Cat some more, allowing for the kiss to become more passionate and loving. She had her hands wrapped around me her fingers lightly playing with my hair.

I picked her up and began to walk into the bedroom.

*BZZZZZ BZZZZZ BZZZZZ* My phone began to buzz loudly on the marble table.

"Baby can't you look at that later." Cat whined with her legs wrapped around my waist and her mouth still at work on my neck.

"I wish I could love."

I walked over to my phone with Cat still in my arms looking at me with an about as angry of a face that'd you'd see a puppy making. I carefully plopped her down on the the couch before answering the phone.

'Unknown Caller'

"Uhm Hello?" I answered.

"Hello this is Mercy West Hospital here, we have an unidentified man and women here, with you as the emergency contact in the phone. So if you would please come here as soon as possible it would be greatly appreciated." The monotone voice on the other line said.

"I'll be right there." My heart was pounding.

"We need to leave now." I said to Cat.

"Why what's going on." She asked following me over to the door.

"Leo and Ada are in the hospital." I murmured, while I slipped on my shoes and grabbed the car keys.

"Well what the fuck are we still doing here?!" She exclaimed and nearly knocked down the door rushing out of the house.

I was driving 30 miles above the speed limit to the hospital, all of the color on Cat's face was completely drained. I wouldn't be surprised if I looked the same way.

"Do you know what happend." Cat barely let out in a whisper.

"Not yet, I'm sure they'll tell us when we get there." I said back.

Cat shook her head and began to look at her phone.

"Oh my god." She let out.

"What is it?" I asked keeping focus on the road.

"Two Black SUVs presumed to have intentionally ran into an Audi on Market Street of downtown San Francisco, two adults have been brought to the hospital upon serious injury occurring. The SUV with California plate number J86TL00 and The SUV with the Washington plate number 67K-LK4  fled the scene and now are being searched for. Anyone with information on the accident is to report it to the police." Cat was in tears reading this.

My heart sank, that's them.

"That had to be them Alec, there's no chance it's not." She let out a cry.

I just shook my head and kept driving.

We honestly sprinted into the hospital, I made my way up to the front counter with Cat right on my tail.

"I got a call, about the two people in the accident." I stuttered to the woman working.

"Oh yes, please come this way." She hurried us down the hall a bit.

"Is Adaline OK?! I need to know stop fucking poking me with shit and tell me if she's alright!" I heard Leo's oh so family voice yelling.

We both booked it into the room.

Leo's face was coated in a thick layer of blood along with a gnarly gash down the side of his face, his arm was clearly in a sling which is now tossed onto the side of the bed.

"Alec. Thank god please find Adaline." Leo looked almost relieved to see me before the doctors stuck him with a needle and he winced.

"Mr. Rossi, we need to give you stitches please calm down." The doctor said.

"Please tell him about Adaline." I asked.

"I'm not the doctor working with her, but from what I saw and heard she got the worst of this. Mr. Rossi here only has a dislocated collar bone and this gash, along with some other minor bruising." He murmured I could see him tense up when we asked. He isn't telling the full truth.

"Doctor the full truth please." I snapped.

"Well." He paused. "She is in surgery right now. She is losing a lot of blood, the doctors are trying the best they can to save the both of them."

"The both of who?" Leo asked.

"Adaline and the baby of course." He said.

"What baby?' Leo asked again.

"Sir, your wife was at least 12 weeks along." The doctor said as he stopped working on the stitches.

"She's pregnant.." Cat looked sick, she was shaking with tears and pooled into me.

If Cat clearly didn't know about this than I doubt Adaline knew.

_________________________________________________

OOH WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

Whose baby is it?  
Is Leo a dad?  Is Marcus a dad? Is Giovanni and the mystery man a dad?

Come back for the next update to find out!

xoxo

lex