Ch. 17

Marcus O'Riley

"Marcus what the hell?" I heard a woman's voice call from my front door of the new apartment I bought because I couldn't be surrounded by Ada and I's memories any longer.

"What?" I growled walking to the entrance seeing Rose standing there.

"Why haven't you been at work in the last week?" She asked.

"Because I didn't want to go."

"I suppose you didn't want to shower or shave either?" She spat at me.

"Get the hell out of my house Rose." I spat back at her.

"Fine, but just letting you know there was a shooting at Ada's restaurant. Along with four casualties."

My eyes went wide, why didn't anyone tell me.

"Also the director has put out a job posting for your job. So I'd say get your ass cleaned up and back to work if you want your job." She turned on her heels and slammed my door shut.

"Fuck." I yelled throwing coat rack beside me to the floor.

I'm so fucking sick of this damn shit. Why the fuck did they have to fucking blabber to Ada that I killed her fucking dad. The damn pricks will pay for this. Not one single member of that damn mob.

Later on

I was walking into the office building, scanned in my badge and walked right into the directors damn office.

"O'Riley. To what do I owe the pleasure?" The director asked.

"Take down the fucking job posting." I slammed my fists on to his desk.

"Why should I? You were MIA for a week and didn't call even when the love of your life's restaurant got shot up." He slid back in his chair.

" I didn't fucking know that happened, and no she means nothing to me know. No more than a pile of shit." I hissed.

"Bullshit O'Riley, all of us know how you were with her. She was you one and only weakness and you let someone take major advantage of that."

"No one knew that we were together besides this group, and our families.. We never posted our togetherness anywhere in any way shape or form."

"You don't think her father informed the rest of the mob of who his daughter had been dating for so long? Especially when he is part of the FBI?" The director rose a brow toward me.

"Well, I don't see why he would."

"Bullshit, once again. He knew damn well we'd be after them. You were just lucky he didn't tell Adeline what you really did." He snapped.

"Well Leo damn Rossi did it." I growled. I want him dead.

"Well Marcus, it sounds like you have a predicament on your hands.. What will you do about that?" He snidely said at me.

"Kill that entire damn mob." I spat, just smirking at the idea of it.

"That'd be killing well over a thousand men and women. I was thinking you should get the girl back on your side and have her build you up enough evidence to lock them all up in jail for the rest of their damn lives."

"I'll do it, I'm going to need time. She knows I killed her father.. So it will take time." I can't believe he is actually letting me do this

"I'm aware kid. Don't let me down or you're done here, and breathing. Now get to work." He hissed.

"Yes sir."

Leo Rossi

"Leo why are you so damn bent out of shape about Ada drinking?" Alec asked from the other side of the island.

"Drop it Alec." I hissed at him.

"No, I'm done with this drop it shit. You've never been this damn way with a girl before except for Marianna, so excuse me for being curious." He growled back at me.

"Don't you fucking start." I yelled. There is no fucking way I'm dealing with this with Alec tonight.

"Tell me or I'm done, and out. I'm sick of you shoving me and the guys in the dark with a damn girl you've known for two months." He yelled back at me.

"Alec, her dad was a drunk. It's in her genes fucking drop it." I threw the beer can I had at Alec and left the room.

I am so fucking done with everyone fucking not realizing my damn place as boss, they need to fucking learn the lesson. My dad is rolling in his grave watching these men disrespect me like they fucking do.

I can't even fucking imagine what'd he'd think about the affect Adaline damn James. I can't get the bubbly blonde out of my head.

I shook my head at what I was about to do.

I ran up the stairs and passed Dante who was at Adaline's door.

"Go home, go on a date."

"Rossi? You ok?" Dante rose a brow at me.

"Go."

He didn't say anything else and turned and left.

I knocked on Adaline's door.

knock knock

Adaline answered nearly immediately.

"Leo.." she looked surprised, I haven't talked to her in a week.. I took this out way to hard on her.

"Adaline, I'm sorry I've been an ass about this.. I have some explaining to do." I felt horrible looking at her she had awful things happen to her and she turned to the bottle because she had no one else and that was my fault.

"Leo no, I'm sorry for freaking out on you the other night.." she frowned.

I walked passed her and into her room, and went to sit on her bed. I sat down and watched her slowly shut the door and walk toward me. Her long beautiful hair was tied into braids and she was wearing leggings and one of my sweatshirts, she's been living in them.

"Adaline, no. I freaked out on you for drinking. The only reason I did that is because your father was an alcoholic. He was constantly drinking, he was nearly dead from it. If he wouldn't have been killed at my wedding his drinking would have killed him. I know this sounds incredibly harsh and awful but you needed to know why I was so harsh on you." I calmly said trying not to yell at her about this.

"Wait.. He drank?" She looked so confused.

"Yes, it was constant. In the morning it'd be in his coffee and and night it'd be a bottle of whiskey each and every night." I paused.

"I just can't see you go through that." I started.

"Leo, why are you telling me this." She said sitting down next to me on the bed.

"Because you deserve to know this.. I want to be an open book for you to ask questions to now. I am a resource for you, but please no more compulsive drinking Adaline. I care for you way too much to see you go down the same path as your father." I said turning my head toward her.

She gave me a reassuring smile.

She kissed me.

I immediately kissed her back. She brings me so much damn comfort.

The weight that's on my shoulders slips away.

It feels pure.

___________________

Hey all! Thank you for being understanding of my situation!

Sorry for any odd formatting on this chapter, it was written on my phone.

New chapters tomorrow and Wednesday!

Xoxo
Lex