Ch. 11

Marcus O'Riley

"Sir, Adaline's blog has a new update." Rose said as she waltzed into my office.

"Are you serious?" I shot out of my seat and walked over to Rose to look at her phone.

"Yes Marcus, read it."

'Blah blah food, food, blah, yadda yadda this yadda do this, do that, more food stuff here and there.'

"Why did I have to read this it's all about food, she didn't even make me read these." I asked.

"Marcus can't you refrain from being an ass for two seconds, read the last sentence." Rose shot back at me.

'Sorry for being MIA the last few weeks! I've been studying recipes and doing some research on where I plan opening my next restaurant.'

"What the hell? There's no way she's just out and about researching shit Rose." This is a fucking joke.

"We're going to cancel the search and hotline if she posts or contacts everyone again, you know that right Marcus."

"Yes Rose, I've been working here quite some fuckng time I know how this shit works." I shook my head.

"Stop this 'mister tough guy shit' you need to get a level head and try to contact Adaline, on the off chance that she is actually somewhere just researching."

"Rose leave." I growled.

"Whatever." She left the room.

Adaline must've been forced to post that, there is no way she just left to go research without telling me... And her just leaving wouldn't explain the phone call I got from her, along with her car turning up outside the warehouse.

Adaline James

"Ada, your post has already reached more than a million people." Alec was nearly bouncing out of his seat.

"It has only been up for a two days?" Dante looked confused

"She's a famous chick Dante." Paolo laughed.

"Oh really how come I haven't heard anything about her other than what Leo and Alec told me about her." Dante shrugged his shoulders at Paolo.

"Hey chef lady how much longer until dinner is done?" Leo called from the living room.

He has been jokingly calling me that since he saw the magazine cover.. I'm rather annoyed by this nickname and also with Leo not letting me sleeping in his bed anymore is also aggravating because he won't tell me why I can't.. I haven't slept the last two nights because I can't get the images out of my head of Giovanni and the other man.

"Soon." I rolled my eyes and continued to make the pasta.

"Are you actually going to make some meat to go with it this time? We're dying here on this protein-less diet." Dante whined as he laid his head down on the counter.

"The food I've been making has more protein in it than you realize, and it isn't artery clogging like the meat you so desperately want."

"Please Ada.." Paolo begged.

"No. I'm not allowed to do anything I want while I've been here so the least you asshats could do is not complain about my cooking." I snapped.. Not sleeping has really been taking a toll on me.

"Woah Adaline.. No need for the attitude." Alec said looking up from his phone.

I finished cooking and threw the pasta into a serving bowl and slid it onto the counter, and left the room. I'm so fucking sick of being surrounded by men constantly, I walked upstairs.

To my surprise one of the guys didn't try to follow me, this is the first time since the incident. I was walking over to the guest room when I saw the door to Leo's office was open.

Hmm no one else is up here.. I may as well go check things out.

I walked into the office and quietly shut the door behind me and locked it. I began to look around. I looked through the drawers cabinets and in the closet. I didn't find anything, not that I was looking for anything in particular.. I decided that I may as well check out the computer. I sat down in the chair and quickly got into looking through emails which had no information other than real estate and other miscellaneous purchase invoices that I didn't quite know what they were for. I gave up on finding anything on the emails and decided to look through the files on the computer. I keep looking at the files, each and everyone of the file names were names of people, each and everyone of people I didn't know, until I reached one that had Marcus's name on it. I opened it to see a picture of Marcus and I together, along with multiple documents in the file.. A couple of them are just resumes, work documents, list of addresses which concerns me.. When I got to the bottom of the file there was a document that was had a list of people that Marcus had 'apprehended' that meaning him killing them in this document.. There are at least 45 names on this list.. My heart sank..

I decided to email Cat...

I quickly wrote up an email after i logged into my account.

'Cat, it's AJ.. I've been abducted, but I am safer here than I think I am with Marcus.. Things that he has never told me became uncovered in the recently.. Please please take care of the restaurants and don't let anything happen to them.. I'm trying to find a way to leave but I don't know how.. Don't contact Marcus please.. Don't freak out.. I need to find a way to leave.. Not sure how frequent I'll be able to get a hold of you.'

"Ada where are you?" I heard someone call.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.. How do I get out of here without being seen.

I went and stood by the door and listened to see where they were.

"Ada?" The same voice called from further away this time. I tried to quietly open the door. It opened silently with no breaks or cracks. I quickly slid out of the office and into the guest bedroom which is now mine I guess.

"I'm in here!" I called back.

I heard footsteps to the room approaching.

"Oh I must've missed you a moment ago.. The guys and I are heading into the city in the morning.. Thus we've decided that we will allow you to go into your home to grab things of your own to bring here, but if Marcus is there you're not allowed to tell Marcus about the situation." Leo said from the doorway looking in.

"You're really going to trust me going into my home where Marcus is going to be and you don't think I'm going to say anything to him?" I rose a brow at him.

"No I'm not concerned." He shrugged his shoulders.

"And why not?" This is weird..

"Because if you wanted to tell him something, you would've done it while you were snooping in my office." Leo took a step toward the bed I was sitting on.

"No I wasn't snooping.."

How the fuck does he know I was in there.

"I also know that instead of emailing Marcus you emailed your friend Cat.." and he came another step closer.

"How do you know?"

"Oh Adaline.. I know everything." Leo said as he took the final step toward me putting him merely a few inches from my face.

"But why would you let me"

He crashed his lips into mine cutting off my sentence.

"Get to bed Adaline."  He stopped kissing me and left the room.

_____________________________________________________

Oooo what do you guys think??

Thanks for getting Reckless to over 1k reads along with 75 VOTES  

so you'll be getting another update along with this one!! You all are the best readers ever!

xoxo

lex