Ch. 26

Adaline James

I woke up before Leo as per usual. He is still lightly snoring besides me with his face burrowed into our shared pillow. I slid out of bed and grabbed the hoodie from the floor and made my way into the bathroom.

I giggled to myself when I saw myself in the mirror, my hair was shooting up in every other direction along with my makeup that was smeared from my eyes all over my face. Showering at this point is clearly the only option.

I jumped into the shower and let the warm water pour all over me, I quickly washed my hair and scrubbed my face clean. I could see all of the makeup spilling into my hands, I can't believe I let myself sleep in the makeup.

I finished up in the shower and wrapped myself in the plush towel and made my way back into the bedroom which was now lacking a sleeping Leo.. I wonder where he went.

I slipped on my bra and underwear and began to rummage through my clothes to try and find something to wear. After trying on multiple different things I put on jeans and a sweater.

I walked down stairs into the kitchen to a puzzled looking Leo, looking at his phone

"Adaline, how was your shower?" Leo asked keeping his eyes glued to his phone.

"Wonderful, I looked like a wreck beforehand." I said heading toward the coffee pot, I poured myself a cup and walked back over toward Leo.

He just shook his head.

"Leo, what's going on." I asked.

"Nothing." He snipped.

"Bullshit." I grabbed his phone from his hand.

"Fuck Adaline, just give me my phone back." He growled from the kitchen stool.

"Then tell me what stick is up your ass." I said back.

"You're not going to like it so just give me my fucking phone back." He growled, slightly raising his voice.

I started to look at his phone and it was screenshots from Cat's phone from me texting Marcus. Alec was blowing up his phone about texts about how much of a trader Cat, and I both are. Mainly blamed toward me.

"Stop looking, I don't care what he's saying. I don't even care that you did it. I just want to know why you told him to leave." Leo said calmly walking into the living room.

I just looked at him, I have no good answer back to him. I tossed his phone back to him.

"He was who you saw when we were walking in, wasn't he?"

I shook my head yes.

"Answer my first question, Adaline." He growled.

"I can't Leo."

"You still love him don't you." He snapped.

"No." I paused. "Well, not in the way I used to."

"Elaborate Adaline." He took a step toward me.

"I was with him for a long time, I couldn't bear to see anything happen to him Leo." I murmured.

"Whatever." He spun on his heels and left the room.

I grabbed my phone from the counter to so so many messages from Cat. All along the line of Alec answering a call on her phone this morning from Marcus and him looking through her texts after he asked her why Marcus was calling.

'It's ok Cat, no worries.' I texted back.

I was rummaging around the kitchen looking for food and there was almost nothing to eat other than leftover food from this week.

"Leo, I'm going grocery shopping what car can I take." I called up the stairs.

"The Audi, please get something for Marice to make for the guys tonight. Ten guys will be here later, or you can make something I guess." He paused "Oh and If you go see him today, you can bring your shit with you." He called from the top of the stairs.

I walked upstairs, no way I'm letting this dickhead talk to me that way. I marched my way into his office.

"Why in the hell do you think you can talk to me that way?" I snapped.

He just looked up at me.

"Like what the fuck Leo." I slammed my hand down on the desk.

"Do you not realize what you did, Adaline." He asked.

"I do, I understand why you're upset but it's not like i professed my love for him or anything. I didn't go running off with him when I had a chance?!"

"Adaline, I didn't want to lose you. I've already lost my first love I couldn't again."

"What Leo?" My heart stopped.

"Adaline, I love you."

_________________________________________________________

I'm sorry I've been gone, but what in the HECK did Leo just spill to Adaline!!!

Stay tuned for more updates soon!!

Xoxo lex