Ch. 2

Hey Everyone! Just wanted to let you know that Sunday will be my regular updating day!

________________________________________________________________________________

I Pulled my car into the parking lot of AdaJ's and i've never been more flustered by a man. What did he mean I'd regret not going? Why was he so keen on getting me to go? Who the hell knows.

I got out of my car and walking into the restaurant. It was pretty busy fro it being 3, this one is usually more of a dinner place. Oh well, I am not complaining about people spending their money here. I walked through, many customers recognized who I was and asked questions and chatted with me, which is normal and I love the feedback.

I finally got into the kitchen to see Cat my best and favorite employee and friend going hard at work. I slipped on an apron and washed my hands and walked over to see what she was so intently working on.

"Hey Catalina, whatcha working on?" I asked clearly startling her as she jumped a tad.

"Oh goodness! I didn't hear you come in. But I am working on a new vegan bread to serve so they can have bread when they come as well." She said kneading a doughy mess that was stuck to her hands.

"I love that idea, if it's good when it is done we can replace it fully with the current one." I said totally intrigued at this idea.

"Are you serious? That'd be awesome AJ!!" she squealed with joy.

"Yes Cat, I trust your skills. But make sure you have someone write down what you're putting in at so if we like it we can market the recipe as well." I said peeking at an order that just came in.

"I got 26." I said calling out the order I started to the other cooks.

"You'd really market my recipe?" Cat was grinning more than the Cheshire Cat.

"Yes, I'm trying to compile some recipes from chefs throughout the chain to make a cookbook." I smiled.

"Oh my goodness I can't wait to see. How was the interview with Ms. Boudrie this morning?" She asked still elbow deep in dough.

"Well actually that didn't happen," She looked totally confused. "I was moved to Mr. Joslyn." I swear her jaw hit the floor.

"Oh my gosh, you got to spend all morning with that dream-boat!" she exclaimed.

"I wouldn't call him a dream-boat Cat, he was really aggressive.. Like he's blatantly look me up and down while I was watching him do it." I shuddered

"Oh and you weren't checking him out." She said jokingly.

"Of course I did, but his was just so out there. Then when i was leaving he was walking me out and asked me to go out with him and a friend tonight. Then when I told him no, he was like Oh you'll regret that." I said in a macho man voice for the end.

"Ok, yeah that's weird.. I wonder what he meant?" She now looked concerned.

"I agree, but guess what totally awesome thing arose from this situation." I squealed just thinking about the cover.

"OMG what! Tell me!" She was just excited as I was.

I finished tossing the salad I was making before I said anything.

"I'm gonna be on the cover of Foodie! It's a spotlight edition so solely only me and our work in the magazine!!" I screamed.

She also screamed running over to me hugging me with her doughy hands. "That is so amazing AJ! Do you know what it is gonna look like?" She smiled heading back to her dough that was finally taking shape.