Chapter 33 : Realization

After a terrible battle with the golbins one day together with the Hairy Backs Factory party, Jac the evil goddess realized that she had lost all her protection talismans and that she was injured severely. When she went back to the capital of Berry she healed herself with her powers and she went straight away into meditation. She had never been this close to death before. Why did she do it ? Why does she always listen to that slick nasty knight ? Why did she choose this ? She then had a realization. She was bathed in light as if something had important had happened.

The next day, Jac the evil goddess had fully recovered from her injuries and she was walking towards the tavern where Jarrod the knight usually hangs out with his friends, the Hairy Backs Factory. As she was walking there, out of the shadows appeared an old lady wearing layers of clothing clutching onto a lot protection talismans. She called out to Jac the evil goddess.

"Jacqueline !", The old lady cackled.

"Um. Hi ! Madam Talia. What are you doing here ?". Jac the evil goddess asked innocently.

"Well, I thought I would come here to provide you with some of my protection talismans since you are my best customer.", Talia the old lady said with a smirk as she rubbed her hands. In fact Jac the evil goddess was her only customer since the talisman she was selling was so costly no Adventurers had ever bought one except for Jac the evil goddess.

"Ah.... Madam Talia, sorry about this but I won't be needing the protection talismans anymore. Thank you.", Jac the evil goddess said as she twisted her body and moved away from Madam Talia. Jac the evil goddess headed towards the tavern that the Hairy Backs Factory Adventurer team frequented at an even faster pace than before.

As Jac the evil goddess left she did not notice that Talia's form shimmered and transformed back into Demeter the goddess. There was never a person named Talia, it was Demeter all the time selling protection talismans to Jac the evil goddess. Demeter the goddess thought Jac the evil goddess needed some protection talismans or with her powers sealed she would be dead by now.

"So she has learned her lesson....", Demeter stood where Talia used to be and murmured. Demeter the goddess soon disappeared in a flash of light.

In a tavern where it was frequented by the members of the Adventurer team Hairy Backs Factory, Jarod the knight and his team members were drinking ale happily while talking.

"Ha ! Ha ! I knew it was a good idea to have a magician on our team...!", Simon the hairy ape shield holder shouted out aloud.

"It's good too that she is so beautiful !", Simon the shield holder added.

"Yes.... but I think we should not rush our next mission. I think Jacqueline the magician was quite angry this time. And all her protection talismans were destroyed. I think we need to give her a longer break.", Jarrod the knight said thoughtfully.

"Maybe... but we do need to make a living. And with a magician on our team, especially a beautiful female magician we are doing quite well....", Aaron the archer said happily.

"Yes... but don't forget our previous magicians did not last as long as she did.  Most of them only went for one mission before they avoided us like the plague.", Jarrod the knight said.

"Are you saying she's different ? I do admit she is extremely beautiful.... however she covers most of her body up too much for me to see how her body looks....", Max the magic swordsman said nonchalantly.

"Yes..... Jacqueline the magician has been kind to us and I think we should not impose on her anymore.", Jarrod the knight said while holding his beer.

"What are you talking about ?! I have never heard the beautiful Jacqueline complain about any mission ! And she has us, all handsome men to accompany her ! She should be grateful to us ! Hey ! We even protect her sometimes !....", Simon the shield holder said loudly.

"Protect ....", Jarrod the knight said in a stammering tone, he remembers all the time most of his team members used her as a shield and pushed her to the front of the line to take the brunt of the Goblins attacks.

Suddenly, the tavern doors swing open, a beautiful girl stood there, it was Jac the evil goddess and she was wearing practically nothing under her cloak as she appeared. She had thrown away her remaining protection talismans and armors and was now appearing in her almost under wear like clothes. Most of the male tavern customers were leering at her and some girls were also smacking their lips looking at the beautiful Jac the evil goddess. Jac the evil goddess marched up to Jarrod the knight.

"Jarrod ! So when is the next mission ?", Jac the evil goddess asked with a wry smile on her face.

"Huh ?! Jacqueline what are you doing here ? We would usually search for you three days to one week after a mission......", Jarrod the knight asked with a shocked face. The Hairy Backs Factory knew that Jac the evil goddess would always hide after a mission to the Goblin Kingdom. But now Jac the evil goddess was here asking to go to the Goblin Kingdom.

"Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I knew it ! See, Jarrod , Jacqueline cannot stand to be away from my handsome face and muscular body !", Simon the shield holder said loudly as he made a muscular pose with his hairy ape like body.

Jac the evil goddess beautiful face twisted into a smirk as she looked at Simon the shield holder.

"Are you sure you would not like to rest for a few days before we go to the Golbin Kingdom again ?", Jarrod the knight asked suspiciously.

"No... I am fine. We can go right now.", Jac the evil goddess said with a beautiful smile appearing on her face.

"Uh... Okay, I suppose we can go tomorrow to the Golbin Kingdom.", Jarrod the knight said with a smile.

"Okay ! See you then.", Jac the evil goddess said as she walked out of the tavern with a smile plastered on to her face.

"Did you not think it was weird that Jacqueline asked to go to the Golbin Kingdom ?", Jarrod the knight asked, clearly shaken that Jac the evil goddess asked to go to the Golbin Kingdom.

"No ! She must really love me ! Ha ! Ha !", Simon the shield holder said as he laughed loudly.

"No ! She loves me !", Aaron the archer cried out.

"Wait a minute ! Jacqueline loves me !", Max the magic swordsman said loudly.

"Hey, hold on ! Jacqueline loves me !", Peter the priest cried out loudly.

Jarrod the knight looked at his friends and he felt embarrassed at how foolish they were. He felt that something was not right but even then he felt that Jac the evil goddess was beautiful, more beautiful than when he had spotted her out in the Adventurers Guild. Jarrod the knight felt something in his heart, a feeling of love maybe he thought since he had repressed all his feelings all these years.

To be continued .....

(Note : sorry for the short chapter. Have been away for a short while. Now next chapter we will continue Jac the evil goddess story. Next chapter payback)