Chapter 08 : Saving Him

Srishti felt her stomach growling with hunger. The road was strangely empty.  She couldn't find a single cab anywhere. Her phone's battery was almost dead. There were vehicles passing by. But she didn't wanted to take a lift. She was more than scared. The night had fallen and darkness occupied the surroundings. Which scared her. She couldn't find the bus stop. Her legs had given in but she kept walking tiredly.

Suddenly she heard a huge sound from behind and stopped in her tracks. Turned back to find. A trucker had hit with a car. And left from there quickly. So many vehicles stopped. They just had a look. Clicked the cars pictures and left. But no one dared to step ahead and check who was right inside. The road was soon empty. No one stayed in the spot.

Srishti stepped ahead

Srishti stepped ahead. She was scared. But she took speeding steps towards the damaged car. Looking around for someone. Few bikes stopped. But as soon as they realised that it was an accident. They fled.

She tried to open the door of the car. A small piece of glass pricked her skin and blood oozed out. She winced and tried opening the struck door. Finally she managed to open the door.

The moment she did it. She froze. She couldn't believe her eyes. Her eyes widened. It was him. Her  superstar. Now groaning with blood oozing out from his head and mouth. He was groaning in pain. Haven't lost his consciousness fully. Grief spreaded over her heart. It pained. She felt her heart in her mouth. She blinked her eyes to know whether it's really him. Indeed he was. Her eyes welled up with pain. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Slowly tension rose up in her. She gently touched his head with her shivering palms. Her heart started beating rapidly as ever. She looked around for someone for help. But no one stopped. Jai kept mutturing something. Under his breath. He was in pain. Deep pain. She knew it. It hurted her too. She couldn't see him like this any longer.

"Sir...Sir please open your eyes"she patted his cheek. She saw him gulping down. But he didn't respond.

She looked around in fear again. And saw a car coming towards them. She rushed towards it. And jumped in between. Joining her hands together she begged to stop the car.

"Please stop the car"she said with tears.

An old man who was driving the car. Stopped the car and got down. She rushed towards him.

"He...He...met with an accident..Please help me"she pleaded.

"Who is it? Your relative?"the man asked.

"No..it's....it's Jai. Jai Prakash Raj. The movie actor"she said and the man looked at her shocked. They both rushed towards the car. The man held by Jai's hand and put it across his shoulder. While Srishti held his other. They lead him to the car. Made him lay on the backseat. The man got inside the front while Srishti sat behind. With Jai's head in her lap. Her entire body was shivering. Blood oozing from his head. Stained all over her lap. She pulled out her dupatta from her neck and tied it tightly around his head. To stop bleeding. He relaxed for a while. Srishti felt his fingers clasping  hers. She gripped him back tightly and patted his head. To soothe him.

Tears kept rolling down her cheeks. She bit her lips to control her tears. Jai was slowly loosing his conciousness. She kept patting his cheek.

They reached the hospital in 15 minutes. They took him inside. He was placed on the stretcher. The doctors and nurses rushed towards him. Soon crowd started widening. Jai's fingers were still entwined with Srishti. She kept rubbing off her tears.

"Please wait here"the doctor said to her. Srishti tried taking her hand back. But his grip was so tight. She tried to loosening his fingers and finally she could. They took him inside. She looked at her blood soaked fingers which was shivering. Her heart quenched in pain.

She sat on the bench outside. Praying to all the god's. Not to let her fears come true. Her superstar was indeed a fighter in real life too. She believed that. Seeing him in such a miserable state broke her down.

The man who helped her walked towards her.

"Don't worry ma. He will be fine"he said. Srishti stood up.

"Thank you so much for helping me sir. If you wouldn't have stopped your car at the right time. I...I don't know what....what would have..."she bit her lips to suppress her sobs

"That's alright. I've also met with such an accident once. You stepped forward to help him. God will bless you always"he said and Srishti nodded with tears.

"If you don't mind. I have to go. My daughter is pregnant. She is admitted in a hospital near our village. Better you get back home too after informing his family or friends. Because you know once media comes to know about this. It can make things worser. Get back home soon ma. Don't worry about him. He'll be fine"he said and Srishti slightly nodded. She wanted to get back home. But she didn't wanted to leave him there as well.

"This is his phone. I think it fell down from his pocket once we took him inside. It was lying inside my car"the man said passing Jai's phone to Srishti. She took it in her shivering hands and clutched it.

"Thank you sir"she said. He smiled and nodded.

"This is my number. Do call me if anything is wrong"he gave her his card. She wiped her tears and nodded. He left after some time.

Srishti sat on the bench. She took his phone and switched it on. She saw his wallpaper. It was his family pic which she'd seen in Google and Instagram. She understood that his phone was locked and it required a password. She badly wanted to inform about his accident to someone. She waited for anyone to call him. Nothing happened. Her fear grew anxiously. She was so restless. She kept wiping her tears off. Hoping that he will make it. He'll be alright so soon

Her phone rang. Disturbing her thoughts. Her heart started pounding. Thankfully it was Bhoomi. She composed herself after wiping her tears and took the call.

"Hello...Bhoomi?"

"Akka...where are you? We've been waiting for you for so long. Amma and appa is so worried for you. Akka Bava and the kids are also waiting for you to have dinner together. Come soon"Bhoomi shouted.

"Bhoomi...I...I'm not feeling well. Evening classes extended for so long. My scooter also got punctured badly. Please tell Amma that I'm staying back in Riyas house today. Apologize to Akka and Bava on my behalf"she said.

"What? Akka...are you okay? Should I send appa there?"Bhoomi asked

"No I'm fine. I'm taking rest. I'll be there tomorrow morning. Give the phone to Akka. I have to talk to her"Srishti felt bad for lying to Bhoomi and her family. She had a talk with her sister and their kids. The kids wanted to see Srishti in a video call. Aware of her surroundings. Srishti excused that her battery was down. It indeed was

"It's okay Srishtu. You take care of your health. It's important. We can meet next time"vedhika said

"Thanks Akka. I'm really sorry. I really miss you all"she said wiping her tears.

"We miss you too. Take care and call me tomorrow morning. Have to make a call to vishwank too"

"Sure. I'll call you later. Bye"Srishti said.

"Bye Srishti"the call ended. Srishti sat lifelessly. Pumping her fists. She never lied to Bhoomi. It made her feel so bad. But she was sure that Bhoomi would never believe her if she cares to narrate the entire thing. On the other side. She continuously prayed for jai and his speedy recovery.

"Please get well soon"she closed her eyes and a small tear escaped from them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Precap : Jai gains consciousness

♡ Nila ♡