Chapter 24 : The Phone Call

The next day. Jai walked downstairs once he was ready. To leave for the shoot. He saw his mother in the hallway. Talking and instructing a maid.

"Good morning ma"he wished her.

"Raju..Good morning"she smiled widely. He took her blessings. And kissed her cheek.

"Someone is so hapy today"he said.

Kunari touched his shoulder and squeezed it.

"Why would I not be. Im just so proud of the person. You've become today jai"

He smiled and held her hand.

"I know ma. Its been ten years of me being in this industry. I still remember how nervous I was. When I stood in front of camera for the very first time. It feels like yesterday"he said. Making her smile.

"I wish your father was here. To see how far his son had come"she said. Lowering her head. He sighed and held her by shoulder.

"Ma dont do this now"he wiped her tears and hugged her. She hugged him back. Sruthi came to the hall holding a bowl in her hands.

"Hey. Can we stop being emotional for today?"she asked.

Jai smiled as she fed him payasam with the spoon. Then kept it aside. To hug him.

"Congratulations big boy"

"Thanks little sister"he said. Making her pout.

"Yeah big boy is big enough to get married now"Kumari said. Making jai frown.

"Seriously you wanna talk about it maa?"he asked.

"Ofcourse"

"As long as its not about srishti. Right annaya?"Shruthi giggled. Making him sigh.

"Not again shru"

"Okay"

Just then. Ganesh walked inside the living room. Wishing them.

"Good morning sir"

"Good morning Ganesh. All set?"jai asked.

"Yes sir. We're shifting the location today"

"Okay give me five minutes"he said. Ganesh nodded. Jai took his grandmother's blessings. Before leaving.

"Come soon today okay. I have a surprise for you"Kumari said before he left. He Narrowed his eyes.

"What's it ma?"

"Just try to finish your shoot early Raju"

He sighed.

"Fine. Bye. Take care"

"Bye annaya"Shruthi hugged him. He hugged her back and. Bid them bye. Getting into his car.

On the way to set jai couldn't help himself. but to think about him completing ten years in cinema. He remembered his father. Wishing he was here. Jai knew he was shy when he started his career. He doubted his abilities as an actor. Had faced failures. Which were stepping stones in his life. To become an actor was the last thing he wanted. But it was destiny. That binded him to cinema.