Chapter 20 : His and Her Dilemma

"Raju sit..we want to talk to you. Its about you. Today I'm going to take an important decision in your life. I want you to listen to me carefully"kumari said

Jai sat on the couch. Next to Shruthi. His mind was a little lost. But he wondered what his mother was about to say.

"It's been so long we're asking you this but..today we really want to know what is in your mind"

"What are you talking about ma?"jai asked.

"We want you to get married soon. And today I've liked a girl. I want to know what do you feel about her"she said making jai shocked. It took him few seconds to calm himself down.

"Maa please. Not again. I told you I'm not ready yet. For gods sake I do not want to discuss this topic. Atleast not now"jai frowned.

"Raju you can't keep running away from marriage forever. Some day or the other you have to get married. Do you have any idea how many proposals you have rejected till now?"his uncle asked.

"Pedananna. I know I'm dragging it so much. But I don't have marriage in my mind right now. I just want to focus on my career and do good films"Jai said.

"You're doing that already. See I won't be alive for so long. And before I die I just want to see you get married and nothing else"his grandmother said dramatically. Making everyone giggle.

"Okay everyone I've told you my decision. So can we leave the topic now? I have an ad shoot tomorrow and I need sleep. Good night"Jai got up and everyone started opposing him making him sigh.

"What do you want me to do now?"he asked.

"Nothing much. We are just asking you to consider the girl we like. Not to marry her right now. You can try to get to know her. Atleast meet her once"Kumari said

"Who is the girl?"Shalini asked.

"Yeah we want to know"the kids chanted.

"I would say. But I want Jai to know about her first"Kumari said. Looking at him.

"Maa please. I don't want to know. And neither I want to get married now. Please leave me alone for some time"he got up and walked upstairs. Before anyone could oppose.

"Raju listen.."Kumari called him from behind.

"Don't worry ma. Annaya is just tensed. Just give him some time"Shruthi said. Once Jai was gone.

"I'm worried about him"Kumari said.

"Shruthi is right. We have to give him some more time instead of forcing him like this. He's doing well in his career. May that's what important to him right now"Krishna said.

"I know annaya. Let me see if I can convince him about this one"Kumari sighed.

Jai walked inside his room. And sat on the bed. Stretching his arms and legs. He had a good day. He'd met srishti even though he had no idea that he was going to meet her again. But the marriage topic always left him devasted. He didn't wanted to think about that. May be one day he could find someone. Whom he wants to spend his life with. He had no idea with whom.

He checked his phone and went through some appointments. A little later Kumari walked inside the room. Jai looked upto her and sighed.