Chapter 36 : Big Day

Days were quick to pass. Srishti and jai knew that their life is not same as before.

Srishti felt terrified and trapped. She couldn't believe everything that happened in a matter of few days. She didn't knew whom to trust. Kumari and shruthi. Tried hard to let her know the truth. But she wasn't prepared enough to deal with any of it. So she chose to stay away from everyone. She was inside one room. And didn't come outside even for once. Confining herself felt better than facing the harsh reality that. She's not gonna get her normal life back now. She hated everything that happened. The first thing that roamed around her head was Arjun. She knew she owed him. An apology and explanation. But she didn't knew whom to share her feelings to. She tried texting him one or two times. But the fear of seeing him in pain. Didn't made her do so.

Jai on the other side kept running away from reality. He kept himself so busy with shoots and scripts. So that he could barely get time to think about srishti. He worked day and night. Without resting himself. A huge part of him was guilty that he dragged an innocent girl into his messy life. He wanted to confront her. Make her feel better. Promise her that he's never gonna let her down and he's doing it just for the good. But he didn't knew how to face her.

After their legal marriage registration. Kumari felt it was necessary to conduct an informal wedding function for them. Jai initially disagreed with the idea. This marriage didn't feel real at all. But kumari wasn't the one to give up. She talked to srishtis parents who agreed. And they started with the wedding preparations.

Shruthi has been taking care of everything. Since kumari had left her in charge. She was happy that her brother got someone whom he deserved. But she just wished this to happen in the right way.

"Maa"shruthi stormed inside Kumaris room. While she was going through some designs for the decorations.

"Yes shruthi?"

"I've given up. I can't convince srishti. She's saying that she's not coming to the haldi ceremony at all"shruthi said. Kumari sighed.

"I told you shruthi. There was no need for all these"kumari said.

"Come on ma. Annaya is getting married. It is a big deal to me as his sister. I've invited everyone for today's evening. What I'm I gonna say if srishti doesn't come? And don't even get started on annaya. I had to literally beg him to cancel his evening shoot"shruthi said.

"Srishti is just heartbroken shruthi. Give her some time. I will talk to her"kumari said.

"You better"

Srishti was sitting in the bed. Hugging her knees to her chest. Leaning backwards. Her eyes closed. She was lost in her thoughts. And got startled as someone knocked on the door.

"Srishti. It's me. Can I come in?"kumari asked.

Srishti got up from the bed. As the door opened and Kumari walked in. Carrying a shopping bag with her.

"Did I disturb you?"kumari asked. Srishti shaked her head.

"Good. I know shruthi had already eaten your ears. But I'm not here to force you srishti. I just wish that you hear me out for sometime. I want to tell you everything. And I know that you are not prepared for that. But please don't do this to yourself. I promised your parents that you'll be fine here. But you are skipping your meals. You're barely talking to anyone here. And you're not even coming outside this room. This is not a prison sristi. This is your home now. You belong here"kumari said.