Chapter 41 : Sir v/s Madam

Time was nearing nine in the morning.

Jai sat up on the bed when Srishti brought him a cup of coffee. He was widely awake as the pain didn't let him sleep peacefully. He observed her checking him from time to time even though he pretended as if he's asleep. She gave him the coffee. After helping him to sit. And he took a sip.

He looked at her. She looked tired and sleep deprived. Her worrying about his health. And after everything she heard from him yesterday. She couldn't sleep.

"How are...you feeling now sir?"she asked. Breaking his thoughts.

"I'm okay"he smiled. She nodded her head with a small smile as well.

"You didn't sleep yesterday?"he asked casually and she looked at him, shocked.

"Ye..yes..I did"

"Really?"

"Yes...sir"

He glared at her.

"First thing. You are lying. Second thing. Stop calling me sir. I don't like it" He said and she kept mum

"Did you get me? You can call me Jai"he said.

"No..I..I..can't"

"But why? Remember how you shouted my name during the cultural fest of your college. How was it..'Superstar Jai Prakash Raj' he shouted imitating her and chuckled at the same time. She felt embarrassed

"Why did you shout my name that day srishti?"he asked next. She twisted the end of her stole restlessly.

"Okay leave it. So from today you are gonna call me Jai. Right?"

"No sir....I can't call you...that"

"Arey. Fine then"he paused for a moment.
"Raju? You can call me Raju. Like how amma. Nannama and pedananna calls me"he said. But she shook her head.

"Come on Srishti..what's wrong in this? Okay fine. Otherwise You can call me....." He thought for a moment. "DARLING...Hows it?"

She pressed her lips to suppress her smile. She couldn't imagine calling him anything else.

"I can't sir. Please"she said. Taking the empty cup from his hand.

"Srishti you are being so formal. And it feels really weird when you call me that. We are not strangers right? We are......."he paused as he realized. What he was gonna say. Her heart skipped a beat.

"We are friends right? And friends won't call each other that. So what do you say?"he asked. She looked at him and shook her head again.

"Are you sure that you won't call my name?"He asked and she nodded. He sighed.

"Fine then. If you are stubborn. I can be stubborn too"he turned his face away from her. She felt bad. But before she could say anything Kumari and Ganesh stormed inside the room.

"Raju"

Jai looked at his mom and smiled. Kumari rushed towards him and sat next to him. Touching his head.