Chapter 37 : Stubborn Decisions

Srishti looked around the luxurious room. Now beautifully decorated for the married couple. Even though the room looked like a fairy land. Srishti felt suffocated being inside. If she had a chance to run away from here. As far as possible. She would.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her hairline filled with vermilion and. Wedding chain around her neck. Reminded her of the harsh reality. That she's married now.

She's married to jai. Her superstar.

There was nothing she could do. Even though she wished to do a lot. She wished. To undo everything. That forced her to remain herself to be calm. Her life had just turned upside down.

It was their wedding night. After the marriage ceremony. Kumari and shruthi took her upstairs. Without letting her get too much involved with the guests. Knowing it would only make her more uncomfortable. Srishti knew it. So she didn't say anything either. She didn't even bid a proper goodbye to her parents.

There was something in her hands. A small box, wrapped in gift paper. Bhoomi had given it to her. Just a minute before they left.

"This is a gift from arjun annaya. He gave it to me yesterday. Asking me to give it to you. On your wedding night. I didn't felt it right but. He deserves atleast this akka. You should open it and see"bhoomi had said to her.

Srishti never felt so terrible about anything. Hearing arjuns name. Broke her heart again and again. She knew. She had to see it. What he had for her. Bhoomi was right. He deserved it.

She gently pulled out the small ribbon. Around the gift box and pulled up the lid.

It was a ring. It was a beautiful heart shaped ring made with dark blue stone. Blue was her favourite colour.

 Blue was her favourite colour

Srishti gasped seeing it. Her eyes. Shed painfull tears. Her chest tightened in pain and she let herself feel it.

Under the ring, there was a small note.

Dear Srishti, I wish you all the love and happiness. Happy married life.
- Arjun

She pressed it closer to her chest and sobbed silently. She couldn't even imagine the pain he had now. Inside him. She wanted to see him. And talk to him again.

She wiped her tears and went ahead to grab her phone. But suddenly there was a knock on the door. That made her scared and startled. She covered her terrible state. Wiping her face. And hurriedly kept the ring inside. One of her bags.

Jai knocked on the door again. When there was no response. From the other side. He gently pushed the door. And it was open.

Srishtis breath hitched as Jai stepped inside. The room. He had changed his clothes after freshening up. And was now wearing. A casual tee shirt. And tracks.