Chapter 29 : Birthday Wish

"Hansu was asking me today. She was like 'is your sister really gonna marry jai?' and I was like ' sure why not?'" bhoomi was constantly blabbering while srishti was lost in her thoughts. Not hearing a single word her sister said.

"Half of our lunch break goes by this conversation. Lots of boys are coming to me to talk about you. Isn't it great?"bhoomi asked. Srishti was still silent. Bhoomi sighed and sat next to her.

"God youre so lucky akka. People are assuming that you're gonna marry a superstar. And youve met him a lot. I think he even likes you. I hope one day I will meet Vijay deverakonda and marry him"bhoomi said making srishti snort.

"Can you please be quiet for few minutes?"srishti asked.

"What the hell happened to you today. I mean I know you're always thinking about something. But what's it now?"

Srishti took a deep sigh. And looked at her

"Arjun proposed me today"

"What?"bhoomi shrieked at sat up.

"You mean arjun annaya? Your best friend?"bhoomi asked. Srishti nodded.

"Woah that's a news"

"It's horrible bhoomi. You know I considered him as a good friend and nothing more. But today. When he said how much I mean I to him. I was like.....I don't know"she paused.

"Akka. Do you have feelings for him?"bhoomi asked.

"No..I don't. So much is happening in my life. I can't deal with Arjun right now. I think I need to give it some time"

"So give time. Think what you need. I'm sure you can decide"

She nodded her head.

"Anyway I'm gonna sleep. Good night"bhoomi lay on the bed. Srishti sat still. She opened her WhatsApp. There was Arjun's message.

Arjun

Hope I didn't make things awkward between us. Please do take ur time srishti. I told you. I can wait. Bye. Gn

She decided not to reply to his text and left it unread. She then opened her Instagram and scrolled down. Suddenly her eyes fell on a post. She looked at the date.

22 October, 11.02 p.m

"How did I forget this?"she asked herself.

It was jais birthday in an hour. Every year she would send him wishes. As his biggest fan. She would post him in her story. And status. But this time everything seemed different

Last year he didn't even knew that she existed. This year he knew who she was.

"Bhoomi. Bhoomi get up"srishti shaked bhoomi. Stirring her from sleep.

"What's it akka?"bhoomi groaned.

"Get up. Tommorow is his birthday"

"Whose birthday? Arjun annayas?"

"No. Jais birthday"