Chapter 16 : Jai's Restlessness

Three weeks later

Srishtis days are going fine. She got busy with her classes and assignments which kept her busy all the while. She also kept updating herself about jai by keeping her eyes on his social media handles. She got to know that he was going to work for a new movie. She was genuinely happy for him. And hoped that's he's completely alright and so full of life now. She was happier than ever. Although two three times she made her mind to share everything with her friends. Knowing that they won't trust her. Backed her off. Her happiness was her privacy.

Jai on the other side starting looking for a fresh script. He signed a movie which would only start 5 months later due to some technical issues. The crew was working on it. He wanted to choose a fresh script. Something different. But he doesn't know why he was feeling restless. He was badly missing something. He badly wanted to do something. But he doesn't know what. His mind would get distracted every time. It was for the first time he was feeling that way. He was always dedicated towards work. But as of now all he was feeling was restlessness and daze. He wanted to know what was happening to him.

It was night time. Jai was sitting in his bed. With his legs stretched. Reading a script. His phone was on silent mode. He heard the vibration and saw that ganesh was calling him.

"Hello. Good evening sir"

"Good evening Ganesh. Tell me"jai said

"How are you doing sir?"

"I'm fine ganesh"

"Did you select any script sir. I'm getting continuous calls from the producers. They wants to meet you as soon as possible"Ganesh said and jai sighed massaging his temple.

"I know ganesh. But right now I feel like I can't fix my mind on anything. I don't feel like going through any of them. Nothing seems to be satisfying. I think I just need more time to go through them all"he said

"Sir is everything alright?"Ganesh asked. Concerned

"Yup all fine. But I just need some more time"jai said.

"Sure sir. Please don't stress yourself. We have time. I'll talk with the producers too. You please don't worry about anything"

"Yeah. I'm fine ganesh. Its just another day and I feel so lazy. I need some good sleep I guess"

"Ofcourse. I'll be there in the guest house by tomorrow morning. We have a meeting with one of our team"

"Okay. Thanks for reminding me that ganesh"jai smiled.

"Sleep well sir. Good night"

"Good night"the call dropped.

Jai sighed as he closed his laptop. He picked up few papers which was scattered all over his bed and walked towards his wardrobe to keep them. His eyes caught something. Besides the box. It was her stole. Which he couldn't just throw away. It was something. Something which mattered to him.

He took the stole in his hand. Running his long fingers over them. There was few magazines besides it. Which Shruthi had brought. It had pictures clicked during the cultural function in sristis college. Jai knew that it was there. But he never got time to check them. Today he wanted to look at it. He them it his hand while wrapping the stole in his right wrist. He sat on the couch nearby and opened the magazine.

There it was. Their picture together. He was holding her hand. While she was looking at him. Lost in time. The way her eyes adored him. He clearly remember the look on her face. His lips curved. Remembering it. And then noticed her in almost every picture. Jai didn't knew why he grabbed the red colour marker from his table. And pointed her out in each picture. It was surprising to him. He did something which he himself didn't expect.

"You're insane Jai"

He kept the magazine's besides him in the table and kept the stole back in its place. Coming back to bed. He dropped himself and soon dozed off. That tired he was.

Next day morning he was in hurry. He got dressed in no time and came rushing downstairs.

"Maa I'm leaving"he called out as he saw kumari in the hall. Busy with her laptop.

"Raju? Have your breakfast and go. Why are you rushing?"kumari yelled at him

"No. I don't have time. I'll have it later. You please don't worry and take your medicines on time. Okay?"

"Seriously?"

"Love you. Bye"he kissed her cheek and hurried outside.

Kumari sighed. Concluding her works. She walked towards jais room. And found it in total mess. His clothes were all over the floor. Papers scattered all over the room

"Looks like he had just turned the room upside down. I don't know when he'll learn to do things by his own. Stupid boy"she sighed and started cleaning the room.

Shruthi was passing by his room when she saw kumari busy cleaning jais room

"Maa what are you doing?"she asked

"Look what your annaya did. He is just been so careless. He thinks that he is still a kid"

Shruthi chuckled at her face

"It's okay maa just leave it there. The maids would do it. Why are you stressing yourself? Go take rest"Shruthi insisted

"No Shruthi. It's my Raju's room. And I won't bother cleaning it by myself"

"Fine. I'll also help you"Shruthi came inside and started cleaning the room

"You don't have class?"

"Nah"

"Fine you pick up all those papers I'll clean the wardrobe"

Shruthi nodded as she started picking up the papers. And arranging them. Kumari cleaned the wardrobe. Arranging his clothes. Suddenly her eyes fell on something. Besides the box. And took them it her hands. Wondering whose it was. Shruthi too noticed something in the table. Getting surprised.

"What. Is. This?"both asked. At the same time. And looked at each other.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Precap : Jai in Love?

♡ Nila ♡