Chapter 21 : Mind v/s Heart

"Srishti?"jai muttured under his breath. Looking at her picture in his phone screen.

He couldn't believe that his mother chose srishti and wanted him to get married to her. His heart was thudding faster than ever. Somewhere deep inside he couldn't blame his mother as he knew how much she liked srishti. But it also terrified him. He haven't seen her in that way. But he always felt that she's special. And that's what kept dragging him towards her all the time.

Jai quickly came out of the bed. His tiredness was long gone. He walked towards his mother's room. Downstairs. He very well knew he won't be able to sleep until he gets to know. Everything that's in his mother's mind.

When he walked in. Kumari was sitting in the bed. Going through some documents in her laptop.

"Raju? Didn't sleep yet?"she asked. Putting the laptop aside. Jai came towards her and sat next to her. Taking a deep sigh.

"I...I looked at the picture you've sent to me"he said after a pause. Making kumari smile.

"And? What do you think?"she asked.

"Maa? Stop messing around. Seriously srishti? What's wrong with you? And does she have any idea about all this?"he frowned.

"Jai..I just wanted to know how you feel about her. I told you there's no rush. See I like srishti very much. She'd saved your life. And she's different from all the other girls I've met. Your stardom and popularity hasn't moved her in any way. You saw that right?"she asked and he kept mum without saying anything.

"Jai she's a real gem. I don't think I can find anyone like her ever again for you. She's so perfect"she said making him sigh.

"I know she's good. And she's different from all other girls I've met. And she'd saved my life. But...maa marriage?"he rolled his eyes.

"Do you like her? That's what I'm asking"

"I like her. For the person she is. She's amazing ma. But let's not further discuss about that marriage topic anymore. Its too much for me right now. I cannot believe you're dragging srishti into this"he shook his head and sighed.

"I'm sorry if I did a mistake by choosing the right girl for you"Kumari said turning her face away.

"Please stop making things complicated ma. I cannot even believe that I'm having this conversation with you. I respect srishti so much and so do I with the decisions you take for me. But I don't want to talk about this anymore. Can you just let it be?"he asked.

"Fine..but before putting an end to this topic I want you to explain something to me"Kumari got up and walked to her wadrobe. She took srishtis stole and the magazine's she found in jais room. And came back to him.

Jai sat dumbfounded. He couldn't believe that his mom had found out something. Which was so personal to him. He was shocked to his core. But also kind of embarrassed.

"Why do you have her things with you. And marking her out in every picture. Does that sound right to you jai?"his mom asked.

He was flushed and he didn't knew what to do. But being an actor he very well covered his emotions. He quickly composed himself and got up.

"Its...nothing ma..I was just curious you know"

"Seriously?"Kumari chuckled seeing his face.

"Okay so now you've decided just because I've kept her stole and pictures. That I like her?"he asked throwing his hands in air.