Chapter 39 : Revelations

Srishti froze. She felt her heart thudding faster than ever. The moment her eyes met with his. He stared at her quietly. He doesn't know why he felt so good. To see her after so long. His lips curved into a smile.

"Yay.....srishti akka has come too. Now we can all play together"rishika said excitedly making both of them. Come back to their senses.

Jai kept both the kids back on the ground. Srishti stood still and looked around the room. Without knowing what to do. She clutched the wet towel with her fists and. Jai knew she was feeling uncomfortable.

"Sure we can. But I guess you both were doing your homeworks?"jai asked.

"Yes. Srishti akka had promised that she will play with us. Only if we finish our homeworks on time"rishi said. Making jai smile.

"That's a good idea. After finishing homeworks. We will have dinner and then we will play. Okay?"jai asked. And the kids nodded lazily.

"Fine then. Go and hurry"jai said making them jump up into the bed. To finish their homeworks.

Jai turned to look at srishti who was standing quietly. He could feel her tension. So he walked away quietly without saying anything. Deciding to talk to her. After dinner. In private.

Srishti sighed in relief. The moment he left. She knew he will be coming back home. But she didn't expect him to be back this soon. She wasn't prepared on anything. How would she face him. Thinking about him being around her from now on. Gave her an uneasy feeling.

Kumari arranged dinner for everyone. Since jai was home. She herself made his favourite dishes. Usually at night. Srishti used to help the maids in the kitchen. But today she didn't even feel like going downstairs. Kumari knew srishti was deeply disturbed by jais sudden arrival. She hoped that jai would talk to her very soon and. Clear all the misunderstandings.

Everyone gathered around the dining table. Jai kept looking around for srishti. But she was nowhere to be seen. The kids had already come down for dinner. Seeing jai restless. Shruthi sensed that he was looking for srishti.

"Maa...where is srishti?"shruthi asked. Jai turned his head towards his mother.

"She should have been here by now. I've sent the maids to call her downstairs"kumari said.

"I'll go and check"shruthi said.

She took the elevator. And walked inside the kids room only to see srishti. Sitting in the bed holding a book. But her mind seemed to be lost. She was staring blankly at the pages. Shruthi sighed and knocked on the door. Making srishti startle.

"Srishti what are you doing here? Everyone is waiting for you downstairs to have dinner"shruthi said.

"Shruthi...actually I'm not hungry. Can I skip dinner?"

"Srishti. We both know how good you are in making excuses. And I know why you don't want to come downstairs. But you can't ignore annaya forever. Okay?"

"It's not because of him...."Srishti looked down.

Shruthi sighed and walked closer to her. Sitting besides her on bed.

"Srishti. I never told you this because. Everyone in our family thought that you would need a lot of time in accepting things that had happened. And I can't defend anyone or anything. Because your life is what changed. And think about it. Why would this marriage happen without any reason? There has to be something right?"shruthi asked.