Chapter 09 : Get Well Soon

Srishti went to the nearby shop. She changed her blood stained clothes. And wore a simple white kurti and jeans. She came back to the hospital. Doctors were still checking on jai. She was told that he was kept under observation. She waited impatiently for some positive words from the doctors. Sitting on the bench outside. She kept wiping her tears. Few people enquired about jai. Rumours of his accident had spreaded over. Nobody was allowed inside.

Jai had lost lots of blood. The doctors checked on to the blood bank. Srishti had his same O positive blood group. She stepped forward to donate. She lay on the bed. Staring at the ceiling. Wondering if all these were really happening to her.

After an hour. The doctor came outside. Srishti was waiting outside. Putting end to her thoughts. She quickly got up.

"Doctor...How is...how is he now? Is he okay?"she asked breathlessly.

"All thanks to God. You brought him here at the right time. Else...I don't know what would have happened. He's alright. Although he's having few major injuries. His head had hit and had been wounded. He bled so much. It will take time to cure. His right hand had fractured as well. He'll be fine in few weeks or a month. But he had to take rest completely without stressing himself. Let him gain consciousnesses first. We'll keep updating you about his health. But he'll be alright soon"the doctor said and Srishti felt something being lifted from her heart. She shed tears of relief. She cried and thanked the god's.

"Are you sure....he'll be fine?"she asked.

"Let's pray. Are you staying back here tonight? Did you inform your family or do you want us to do that?"he asked and she didn't knew what to say

"It's okay Doctor. I'll be staying back here for the night. No problem"she said

"Are you his girlfriend? As far as I know. He is unmarried"the doctor said and srishti stood frozen. She just shook her head. Staring at the ground. The doctor excused himself and left when a nurse called him inside

Srishti felt her head paining a bit. She wanted to sleep. The blood donation had made her feel a bit tired. But she realised that he'll be in so much of pain right now. How he'll be coping with that? She slowly got up and peeked outside the main room. Few media people were gathered there. Although the hospital heads had hid the news about Jai's accident. Many of them were already making assumptions of jai slipping into coma and other stuffs.

She came back to the bench and sat there quietly.

Time was nearing three in the morning. When Jai's phone rang. Srishti opened her eyes quickly and stared at the screen. The caller ID flashed Ganeshs name. Srishti clutched the phone. Her heart pounded. She wondered if it's the right time to inform about his condition. But he was stable now. She couldn't stay back there any longer. Her family would be worried for her. Without thinking much. She took the call.

"Hello sir...good morning. Sorry for disturbing your sleep"she heard a male voice from the other end. She gulped down the lump.

"Kumari madam had just called me now. She'd been receiving so many calls enquiring about your health. Your phone wasn't reachable, I was told. All okay sir?"the person from the other end spoke. Srishti clutched her dress.

"Hello sir? You there?"Ganesh asked. Srishti gathered all her strength.

"He...Hello?"she spoke.

Ganesh was too shocked to hear a girls voice from the other end.

"Hello..Who are you? This is jai sirs number right?"he asked.