Chapter 34 : Legally Married

Shruthi walked inside the room. Excitedly closing the door behind. She whipped out her phone and dialled a number. After few rings the person on the other side. Picked up the call.

"Varun"she shouted.

"Hey..so? What did he say?"

"He said yes. Annaya agreed for the marriage. I still can't believe it. Thank you so much for knocking some sense into him"she said excitedly.

"I told you right? Nothing is impossible for me sweetheart"varun chuckled.

"Yeah but..I also feel kind of guilty that we are making use of his fear"shruthi said. Her voice fell in disappointment.

"Shruthi. Don't think like that. Already the rumours had spreaded enough. The marriage is gonna make all that go away. Srishti and her family. Is threatened by the one who is responsible for jais accident. So...this marriage is the only option left for jai. To keep srishti close to him. And also to realise his feelings"he said.

She nodded. Realising that he's right. But deep inside she knew. That she was manipulating his fears. But hoping that one day it would turn out to be good for himself. She let it happen.
.
.
Srishti came back home from college. Tears didn't stop wetting her eyes. She sat on the bed lifelessly. Recalling her conversation with Arjun. She hated herself for hurting him. Her intention was not to give him. Any false hopes. But she felt strange tightness. Right inside her chest. She felt worried about her own feelings.

"I'm I having feelings for Arjun?"she asked herself.

Everything looked so messed up in front of her. He was her best friend. There was never a dull day with him. If she choose a life with him. She knew he is gonna make it all worth. Arjun was someone who never let her down. But why exactly is she denying his love? She had no answer for that.

Her phone rang startling her. She grabbed it. It was arjuns call. She didn't think twice before attending it.

"Srishti..."

She closed her eyes and bit her lips to stop herself from crying.

"Arjun.."

There was silence from both the ends.

"Srishti. I know you don't want to do this right now. I'm not forcing you for anything. But..I need you so much now. I'm scared that I'll loose you. If you say that you can't be with me. Because you consider me as your friend. I will accept that. But don't push me away. For god's sake don't push me away. I know you are gonna realise your feelings for me. One day. And I can wait for that day. However long it takes"he said. Srishti wiped her tears. Not wanting to cry more.

"Please talk to me"arjun said. When the other side was all silent.

"I don't...know what to say. But I know. That I kind of want to see you now"srishti said. She heard his chuckle from the other end.

"That's great because....I'm right here outside your house"

She gasped. Running towards the window and opening it wide. Arjun was standing in the road. Near his bike outside her house. His phone pressed to his ear. His lips curved into a smile. Sristi smiled with tears. Seeing him.

"Now come down and give me a damn hug"he said. She laughed and rushed downstairs.

Arjun watched her rushing outside the house in a hurry. He knew that moment. Srishti loved him. She opened the door and stepped outside. Both of them. Engaged in a eyelock. Her pace has slowed down. She was watching him with tears. And smile.