Chapter 42 : Check-mate

Jai keenly looked at the chessboard. His full concentration was on the game. His eyes looked intense. And eyebrows knitted. Shruthi kept looking at his brother. And then back to the game. Biting her nails in tension. She was anticipating his next move. To beat her in the game.

Jais eyes suddenly sparkled. He leaned ahead. Moving the piece from the board.

"Check"he shouted.

"No no no"shruthi screamed. Jai lifted his collar proudly.

"Told you shru. Not to challenge me"he chuckled.

They were busy playing chess. In jais room. Shruthi and rishi was on the same team. Jai and Rishika were on the other.

"Babbai is gonna win"rishika danced around. Clapping her hand's. Jai chuckled and scooped her in his arms. Kissing her cheeks.

"We will see"shruthi shrugged. Making them laugh.

"Come on shru. Accept your defeat now. Till now you haven't able to beat me in one game"jai teased her.

"Hello. We still have time left. Who knows. I may win by my luck"shruthi said

"Luck is a stupid term in chess darling. You need to use your brain"jai said.

"Whatever"shruthi frowned. And they went back to the game.

To disturb them. They felt a knock on the door. Jai looked up and saw srishti at the door. Holding a tray with juice glasses.

"Arey why are you knocking srishti? Come inside"shruthi said. Srishti smiled and walked in.

Rishi and Rishika jumped in and took the glasses. From the tray.

"Easy. Don't spill"srishti said. Making them pout.

She handed over one glass to Jai.

"Thank you"he smiled looking at her. And she smiled back. Next she gave one glass to shruthi. Who was lost in the game.

"Shruthi?"

"Ha what?"she looked up.

"Juice?"

"No thanks srishti. I'll vomit if I drink anything now"shruthi said. And turned back to the game.

"Come on shruthi. You should drink the juice. You'll get more stamina to loose" jai chuckled and hive fived with Rishika.

"Shut up. I'm not gonna loose okay?"

"Yes. We are not gonna loose"rishi repeated after shruthi.

"We will see"jai grinned at them.

After keeping the tray aside. Srishti sat besides Shruthi and looked at the chessboard carefully. Jai looked at her. Her eyes fixed on the board. She slowly bited her lower lip, resting her chin on her palm. He watched her frown. Her eyebrows went a bit up. A small part of her hair slowly fell on her face, disturbing her. She
tucked it behind her ear and smiled.

"Check"srishti said. Making jai come back to his sense.

"Why the hell did I stare at her like that?"jai asked himself inwardly.

"Oh my god. What a move. Thank you so much srishti"shruthi said. Side hugging her.

"Hello this is cheating. Why did you come in between?"he looked at srishti and raised his eyebrows. She smiled at him.

"Ha. Why did you come in between?"rishika asked. Imitating jai. Srishti pouted at her.

"How is this cheating? Besides. She is my sister in law. And she can definitely help me"shruthi said proudly. Srishti felt a bit awkward so she got up to leave. Jai sensed it