Chapter 44 : The Accidental Kiss

One month flew so quickly. Finally it was the day before jais trip to London for his shoot. From tomorrow he will be getting back to sets. He was in split minds. A part of him couldn't wait to get back to shoot. Another part of him didn't wanted to leave his home. It was usual that when it comes to his family. He's always lazy to get to work leaving home. But this time something was different. He didn't know why
exactly he didn't wanted to leave. Being inside the same room as srishti has changed him somehow. He could feel himself. Desparate for her presence.

Jai opened his eyes lazily. Yawning. He lay on his stomach like a baby and pulled the duvet to himself. He turned his head to the other side. And found it empty. Srishti was already awake. His eyes went to look at the time. It was only nearing seven in the morning. He was too early to be awake. So he closed his eyes to sleep again. Ducking his face inside the fluffy pillow.

He heard the sound of the bathroom door. But he didn't open his eyes. Srishti slowly peeped outside the washroom to look at him. Seeing him fast asleep. She sighed in relief and stepped outside. Drying her wet hairs. She wore a dark red coloured saree. Which was messed up and only half worn.

Jai opened his right eye too see what was happening. The moment he saw her. He was awestruck. She looked unbelievably elegant. The water droplets in her skin made him gulp down. His throat went dry seeing her. For the first time he watched her closely. Without taking his eyes off.

Srishti being unaware that he's awake. Continued to dry her hairs. She looked at him again. He closed his eyes and pretended to sleep seeing her stare.

Srishti walked towards the mirror. He opened his eyes  again to see her keeping the towel in the table. And then she tucked her saree pleates properly as it was messed up. Jai widened his eyes. He had the perfect view of her exposed navel and waist through the mirror. Srishti got busy in tucking the pleates and didn't notice his stare on her.

"Look away...Look away Jai"he told to himself.

But he couldn't. He watched her perfect curves and let out a breath. Then to his shock she removed the saree from her cleavage to pin it properly. He shut his eyes tight and turned his head to the other side of the pillow. Srishti turned back the moment she felt his movements. She got scared wondering if he had woken up.

He closed his eyes and he could only hear silence all around the room. Until the door closed and srishti walked outside the room. He sat up on the bed with a jerk.

"What the hell jai? You shouldn't have stared at her like that. What's wrong with you? It's srishti for gods sake"he whispered and hit himself with the pillow.

He was in no mood to sleep again. So he straightaway headed to freshen up. He stood under the shower and replayed that sight in his head. He shut his eyes and hit the wall.

"Stop thinking about her you creep"he told himself.

He never stared at a woman. And had always learnt to respect them no matter what. There were thousands of woman throwing themselves at him. But he never was interested in anything other than his work. But today he didn't wanted to look away from Srishti. He felt guilty for looking at her that way.

After freshening up. He walked downstairs to have breakfast. The living room was engulfed in complete silence and he couldn't see his grandmother anywhere. He only saw his uncle. Sitting in the couch. And reading a newspaper.