Chapter 38 : Changed Life?

One month later.

A month passed by. Everyone got back to their busy lives.

Srishti was now a family member. Everyone in Jais house. Loved and adored her. Even though she found it hard at first. To be around them. She made herself comfortable. Accepting that she can't change the past. And now she belongs here. In this big mansion.

On the other side, she was suffocated. Even though she kept herself busy with the works around the house, despite kumaris warnings she knew she was feeling empty. She wanted to go back to her normal life, to her college. She knew she can't leave her studies in between just because she was forced into a marriage.

Jai kept himself busy with shoots. He busied himself so much. That he wouldn't have time to even think about srishti. And worry about her. Even though shruthi keep updating him everything about srishti. He just wished to talk to her and sort things out. Srishti had already made it clear that she needs time to hear whatever he has to say. So he decided to give her that.

Whenever he makes a public appearance or a official visit. He has been constantly questioned about his wife. Many social media handles discussed the reason behind Jai joining back to the sets of his film. Soon after he got married. He ignored everything and concentrated only on his work. His fans are crazily waiting for him to make an official public appearance with his wife. But that was the least thing. Jai was expecting to happen. He just wanted to give back srishti her happiness and freedom.
.
.
Srishti stood outside kumaris room. Hesitating to go inside. She carried a tray. With a glass of water and medicines. It's been so long she wanted to have one clear conversation with Kumari. And today she gathered all her strength to do it.

After letting out a deep breath. Srishti stepped ahead and knocked on the door. Kumari was sitting in the bed. Busy with some work files. She looked up and saw srishti at the door. And smiled at her.

"Srishti. Why are you knocking? Come inside"kumari said.

Srishti gave her a tight lipped smile. And stepped inside the room.

"I.....I brought your medicines madam. Its time to take them"srishti said.

"Oh dear. You shouldn't have bothered. The helpers are here right. And these are their duties srishti"kumari got up. Took the tray from srishti. And kept it on the table.

"I thought....I would help them"srishti said.

"I'm glad you did it but.....you're not here to work or anything okay. This is your house srishti. Please try to consider this as your own home"kumari said.

"I always gave appa his medicines on time. Thats not work right?"srishti asked. Kumari smiled and held her hand. Making her sit besides her on the bed.

"I'm happy that you care about me. About everyone in this house. You just told me that you took care of your father. And doesn't consider it as work right. Then. Why don't you accept all of us like family?"Kumari asked leaving srishti shocked.

"I...don't understand madam"srishti said.

"See. This is what I was talking about. You keep addressing me as Madam. Srishti. Youre my daughter in law and no matter how difficult it is to accept that for you. It is the truth. I want you to feel home here. And I want to be a good mother in law to you. You fought so hard to accept this marriage. And now accept this one small thing. Stop calling me madam. And not only me, everyone in this house. Okay?"Kumari asked. Srishti nodded her head even though she didn't knew what else she was supposed to call her now.