Chapter 26 : Rumours

"What are you talking about?"Jai asked.

"Sir we checked the CCTV footages. The truck that had hit you. Had been following you from the hotel. And the footages had clearly recorded it. It wasn't an accident. It's a planned attempt to murder"the cop said.

"Jai"Kumari held his hand. Scaring.

"Ma relax. Let me talk to him"jai stepped aside with the officer. The officer briefed whatever proofs they had.

"We're trying to track down the vehicle number. But it seems like a fake number. We would update you sir. Till then we'll have tight security around for you"the cop said and jai nodded.

Jai wondered if he'd done something so bad. For someone to develop the urge to kill him. He didn't knew what to do about it. All he was worried about. Was his family.

"Okay sir. Thank you"

The officers left after informing them.

"Sir we have to be careful"Ganesh said.

"I know Ganesh. Please keep this matter out of media. I just want more time"jai said.

"Okay sir"

"Raju"Kumari walked towards him. Worriedly.

"What's happening Raju? I'm scared"she said.

"Ma please don't get worried about it. I'll handle this. Okay? I'll be fine"he said.

"Raju. Please stay here today"

"Ma i can't. I have shoot. I can't cancel it. Besides the officers had arranged security for me. I'll have people around all the time. I'll call you once I reach there"he tried to convince her.

"Jai...."

"I'll handle it okay?"he hugged her.

"Take care"she clutched his hand in fear. And he nodded. With a calm smile.

All the way to set. He couldn't help but to think about the officer's words. His mind was disturbed. But he forced himself to remain calm. For the sake of his family. Ganesh saw him. Disturbed.

"Sir. We are all alert. We won't let anything happen to you. Please don't be tensed"Ganesh said.

"I know Ganesh. But..I want to know who is behind this. And what have I done to that person"jai said.

"I'll take care of it sir"Ganesh said. Jai sighed and nodded.

Jais phone started ringing. Ganesh took it from his pocket.

"Sir. It's a call from the same number. He had been calling from yesterday. Asking for you. Told that he has something very important to tell you. Should I attend the call?"Ganesh asked.

"Give it to me"Jai took the phone.

"Hello. Who is this?"

"How are you? Superstar jai prakash raj"the person from the other end spoke.

"I'm fine. May I know who is this?"

"Too bad you couldn't recognise my voice jai"

Jai kept mum. Wondering who was on the other side.

"You thought I'll be locked away from you forever jai. But I'm just calling to inform you that. I'm gonna cut you down. I'll watch you tremble. I would destroy your life. Your career. Your family. Only that would compensate the loss youve caused me jai. It's just the beginning"the person said. Jai listened to him.

"Stop the car"he said to the driver. Ganesh wondered what had gone wrong. When jai stepped outside to attend the call.

"Who is this. What do you want?"jai asked.