Chapter 19 : She Left

Srishti recalled the day. She recieved kumaris call. Asking her to come for the pooja.

"Hello? Who is this?"she asked. As she took the call from the unknown number.

"Hello? Is this Srishti?"

"Yes. Who's speaking?"she asked. Twirling a pen in between her fingers.

"Hi srishti. This is Kumari Prakash Raj. Jais mom"

Srishti almost fell off the couch in surprise and the pen fell down from her hands.

"Jais mom?"she gasped.

"That's right"she could hear. Kumari chuckle from the other end.

"Yes...tell me madam"she got up nervously from the couch.

"How are you dear?"kumari asked.

"I'm fine madam. How are you?"she asked. Biting her nails

"I'm doing great. Actually I wanted to meet you in person but I'm going out of city today"

"Is everything alright madam?"she asked. Tensing up a bit.

"Yes actually. We are conducting a small pooja ceremony here in our home for jai. This coming Saturday. 8pm. Please do come. And bring your family also. I would like to meet them"kumari said.

Srishti was too shocked to respond. She was calling her to his home again. The thought of meeting him again made her weak. She didn't knew what to say. And also she very well knew that she couldn't take her family along. Nobody was still aware that she's the one who'd saved jai from the accident.

"But madam. I don't think I can....."

"Please srishti. Don't say no. I really want you to be here. It would mean a lot to me and my family if you come. It's been so long they're asking me to invite you home. Please do come"kumari said. Making her bit her lips.

"Okay madam. I'll...try. But I can't take my family along...I'm sorry. My parents are still not aware about everything"sristi said.

"It's okay. You can come right? It would mean a lot"

"Sure madam"she said. As excitement of meeting the superstar. Made her loose her sense. She wondered what is it between them. Whenever she believes that it would be their last meet. Destiny makes them meet over again and again.

"Thank you so much Srishti. Really looking forward to meet you dear. Take care"

"Sure mam. Bye"she disconnected the call. And almost dropped herself in the couch in shock. She couldn't believe what was happening in her life. It all felt like a movie.

"Srishti...Srishti....."

"Srishti what happened?"her mother shook her hardly. Making her come back to sense

"Yes ma?"she looked lost.

"What happened? Who was on the call?"

"What.....no one ma"she stammered. Radhika narrowed her eyes.

"She's lying"bhoomi yelled from upstairs. Sitting in the stairs. Srishti frowned at her.

"Tell me who was that?"

Srishti wondered what to say. And knew for sure that her mother won't be believing her.

"Ma. It was...my friend. Nidhi. Her family members are conducting some pooja this come Saturday in her house. So she...asked me to come."she lied. Looking at the ground.