Chapter 27 : Just Friends

Sristhti was on bed the whole day. She didn't had the guts to come out and face her family. Neither she didn't had any answers to the questions she will be asked. It was too much to take at once. Will they care to believe if she says the truth? That's what mattered.

A knock on the door. Made her sigh in anger.

"Bhoomi I said I need time. Please. Go away for god's sake"srishti shouted.

"Srishti....."a familiar voice. Came from outside. She paused for few seconds. And got up in her feets from the bed.

"Who is it?"she asked.

"It's jai. Can you please open the door?"

Hearing his name. Made her freeze again. Is he outside? Did he come back to meet her again? What about her parents? She didn't knew what to do. Or if it was for real.

"I just want to talk. Do you have a minute?"he asked. She panicked and rubbed her palms to keep her composed. With things happening all around her. She didn't knew if it all really happened.

Gathering her strength. She stepped ahead and unlocked the door. Opening it by half.

His eyes met hers again

His eyes met hers again. She had tears and he could see her swollen eyes. Regret washed over him. She blinked hard again. To see if it was him. Or her imagination. When she understood that he was real. She lowered her eyes. Moved back in reflex. Opening the door wide for him. He smiled calmly at her and walked inside.

"Can we talk?"he asked.

She reminded mum. Staring at the ground.

"I just came with my mom. She's talking with your parents downstairs"he said.

That made her scare again. He saw tears rolling down her eyes. Her breath quickened in fear. He sensed it quickly. She was nervous and also too shocked to respond to everything that had happened. His mother knew it right. Explaining all these things to her family was too much complicated for her. He didn't regret visiting her today. Because he knew she would need someone. Who would care to be by her side. When it is hard for her to explain it by herself.

"Srishti please. I don't want you to cry. I know it's too much. But I just came to say that. Theres nothing to get worried okay?"he said. He saw her biting her lip. To hold herself together. So he continued speaking.

"These rumours. From where they came from. I have no idea. But they're Just baseless rumours. It would faint away. People will eventually forget about it and move on. I know it's not easy for you. Because as an actor. This is quite common for me. But not in your case. Most importantly it's gonna affect your family and your life ahead. But I promise I'll remove this from the news and handles"he said. She carefully listened to him. And tried to calm herself down.

"I feel so bad that I've put you in this situation. That's why I came by myself. To apologise. And also to thank you. For whatever you've done for me. You're an amazing human being. I'm so glad that I met someone like you in my life"he said. Making her breath pause. Hearing him talking about her. Made her feel better. She realised how she made a big deal out of it. He was handling her family. That was a big relief.