[Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu X Soulmate!Reader] Unrequited

Soulmate AU:

Between you and your soulmate, only one of you can see primary colors and the other sees black and white. If you two touch (by accident or with intention), you'll get to see all the colors.

______________________________________

Normally, the life of one is predetermined by getting a soulmate. You have a very strange life before you get to know your soulmate. Once it's done, you live a normal life.

You will spend your whole life with this one person and you won't regret it. But not always. The worst feeling is falling for someone and knowing that they won't be there to catch you.

Before you met your soulmate, you only saw the colors black, grey and white.

Your mother always told you stories as a child, how your father and your mother met. Of course, they were soulmates.

You always thought that you would meet your soulmate and live happily.

As the saying goes? You learn from mistakes.

You went to Hope's Peak Academy for the first time, it was your first year. Of course you were nervous and excited and you painted how your classmates were like that.

You were the Ultimate Theorist.

You loved developing theories and sharing them with others, who then usually mend the theory with you.

When you arrived in your new class you found many talking excitedly to each other. You saw a little boy with blond hair sitting on a bench. He spoke normally to a girl with two pigtails, glasses, and piercing red eyes that you couldn't even see.

You introduced yourself to everyone, in the end you went to the two and tried to introduce yourself there as well.

"H-Hello, my name is (Y/N) (L/N) and I'm the Ultimate Theorist. What's your name?", you asked kindly.

"Fuyuhiko and Peko, leave now!", the blonde boy said and pretended not to see you

"Young Master!", Peko said and looked at you, "I'm sorry that he's so rude, nice to meet you, (Y/N)," she said, smiling friendly.

You returned the smile and sat on an empty bench

It was difficult, but you managed to make Peko and Fuyuhiko your friends. Although Fuyuhiko was still rude to you, but was also mostly friendly.

Once you came to class much too early, so you sat down, took out your headphones and listened to music.

You closed your eyes and went through all your memories with Fuyuhiko and Peko.

Your mother once told you a story about her and your father.

It had become your favorite story of all the stories your mother had told you about the two.

"Mom, please tell me another story about you and dad," you asked as you lay in bed and your mother came in to give you a kiss for the night.

"Fine!" She sat down next to you on the bed and wondered what story she should tell you this time.

"So ...," she began, trying to translate her words into sentences, "your dad and I have known each other for a few weeks, since we were in Hope's Peak Academy in the first year.

He was the one who could only see the gray, black and white stitches and I was the one who could see all the colors except black, gray and white.

I tried to avoid him because I was afraid to fall in love with someone other than my soulmate, but we still became good friends.

Every day we spent together was beautiful. We laughed, learned together and were just happy. But then I felt more and more weird around him."

"What do you mean by weird?", you asked and looked to your mother who was grinning.

"You know, we associate the word home with the place where we sleep at night, with the place where we grew up, with the place where our family and our friends are, or the place that is our address. When people ask us where we are at home, we answer with the name of the city or village in which we live. But love is nothing but someone who gives a reason to stay. At home is the person who gives you something that makes you want to return there again and again. Home is wherever that person is. You feel good close to this person, you always want to stand by the side of that person and love it when that person is smiling or just happy. Your stomach starts to tingle when you are standing near this person and you are usually too shy to look into the person's eyes."

Your eyes sparkled as she explained how it felt to be in love. "So that means you still fell in love with him, right?"

She nodded. "I didn't realize it until much later that I had fallen from head to toe in love with him and since then I tried to avoid him again and he knew something was wrong. He tried to talk to me when someone accidentally knocked him on me. We suddenly started to see colors except just cloudy or primary colors. Since then your father and I have been together."

At that, you knew that you fell in love with Fuyuhiko. In the idiot, who didn't always treat you kindly.

You didn't notice that Fuyuhiko was trying to talk to you, you heard nothing but music.

He took one of your headphones out of your ears and accidentally grazed your cheek with his hand.

"Are you crazy? Can't you just leave me alone?", you said, but stopped when something suddebly changed. You saw his blonde hair, or his uniform with normal colors instead of black and white.

"Y-You're my fucking s-soulmate," he stuttered.

Your eyes widened. You should be happy, but you weren't. "Pretty bad for you, huh?", you said and looked at the floor.

"What do you mean by that?", he asked confused. "You're in love with Peko, don't pretend you're not. I heard a conversation between you and Kazuichi."

He said nothing, that was a sign that you were right. "Excuse me." You went out of the classroom to go to the bathroom.

You just stared at your reflection and thought you would lead a life without a soulmate.