[Rantaro Amami × Reader]

Requested by: KittenHart_Playz

It's kind of an AU owo

I actually wanted to do angst but I should do soft more often again, yeet.
______________________________________

"You're really great and pretty, do you know that, (Y/N)?" Said one of your friends, looking at you.

You turned to him, deadpanned, and asked, "Describe me what you see in front of you. Describe me, how do I look to you!"

At first, your friend was confused, just staring at you as if you were crazy. After a while he caught himself again and described what he saw in front of him. He described something that wasn't you.

You are something like an incubus, a shape shifter. Every time someone looked at you, they didn't see you. They didn't see your true, real self, but saw what they find most appealing. Ut was a curse.

Only your own family and you knew how you looked.

After your friend finished his description and you awakened from your trance, you smiled at him.

"I have to go now, it's pretty late, see you!", you said. What a lame excuse. "Wait!" You turned back to him and waited for him to say something to you.

"Please go out with me!"

You just looked at him, shook your head and answered: "I'm sorry, but no."

You saw hurt flash in his eyes before you went home.

You didn't want a partner who didn't see you as you are but see in you, what they craved for.

On the way home, you bump into someone and both of you fell to the ground, dropping his coffee on the fall. When you looked at the person, you realized what just happened and get up asap. "I'm so sorry!"

You stretched out your arm, which he accepted, and pulled him to his feet. "I didn't look exactly where I'm going, I'm terribly sorry!"

You got the chance to look him better. He smiled gently at you with his green eyes that was matching with his green hair. He could be about the same age as you.

"Don't worry about that, I hope you didn't get hurt." Your cheeks filled with more blood, causing you to blush terribly.

"Let me make it up and let me get you a new coffee, alright?"

~

He gave you his number. You had regular contact and you met more often.

It felt like you were starting to fall in love with him, but you shouldn't until you know something for sure.

"Rantaro," you started, looking seriously at him. "I have a question!"

"Shoot!", he said, smiling soft at you.

"Describe how I look," you told him bluntly. His smile didn't fade but he still looked like he's going to faint because of how confused he was. "I know it sounds weird, but just do it and I'll tell you a secret."

"A secret, huh?", he smiled kind of mischievous. "You have beautiful, (H/L), (H/C) hair which framed your face. I like seeing in your shiny (E/C) eyes, they always sparkle when you are talking about something you like. You also have something mysterious, I like it. You are the most gorgeous person I've ever seen."

You starred at him with disbelief before your eyes filled with warm tears that ran down your cheeks. You layed your face in your hands and sobbed.

Rantaro's smile disappeared and he looked at you, worrying. "I'm sorry, did I say something wrong? Don't cry, oh my God." he muttered the last part with regret.

You fell around his neck and hugged him while he had to process the whole situation. "No, you didn't say anything wrong, it was all right, everything was right!" You sobbed into his shoulder. He finally smiled again and patted your head while you were crying your eyes out.

After you calmed down again and looked like a mess, he said: "You wantes to tell me a secret."

Oh, right, there was something.

"I really like you! Please fo out with me." Never ever in your life you thought you would say that. Rantaro's eyes widened. After a few seconds his eyes softened again and he put a hand on your head to pat it.

He leaned forward, kissed your forhead and agreed to date you.