[Kaede Akamatsu X Florist!Reader] Meanings

Requested by: juridyll

______________________________________

You went back and forth in a shop and sold flowers of all kinds.

You were after all the Ultimate Florist.

Not only did you trade well, but you knew all the names of the flowers and their meaning.

Just before closing time you put a few flowers on shelves when the door was opened frantically.

"Oh, how can I help you?" You asked when you turned away and saw a blonde girl in a pink uniform at the door, who gasped her soul out.

"Is the shop already closed?" The unknown girl asked, looking uncertain. "No, not yet, how can I help?", You asked and put on your most polite smile.

"I'm looking for a flower, what flowers are in this store?" She asked with interest and her eyes started to shine.

"Once we have the Alstroemeria," you took a bouquet full of pink-orange flowers in your hand and showed it to the girl, "It symbolizes friendship and devotion. They are better known as Peruvian Lily."

The blonde looked thoughtful, but said, "They are really beautiful, and what about those flowers?" She pointed to white and purple flowers in a bouquet.

"They are called hyacinths, the special thing about them is that they look like little starfish, symbolizing playfulness and a sporty attitude."

She asked more until she decided to take the Peruvian Lily. "Thank you very much for your visit and I also hope the flowers please the person you give them to," you said, watching as she walked out the door.

"Damn it, I wanted to ask about her name," you mumbled into yourself and slapped your hand against your forehead.

After their visit, you cleaned up the last things and closed the door to the store. The sun has already set, so it was a sign for you to go home.

The next day you were back in the shop. Your employer gave you overtime because a co-worker couldn't show up, so you have to stay in the store until sunset again.

You had your elbow on the table and your head on your hand, until the bell above the door rang and you stood upright. "How can I help you?", You said helpfully and held your polite smile until you recognized the blonde girl again.

"Oh, I didn't expect you, what brings you back to us?", You asked smiling. "I wanted to thank you for your advice, the person who received the flowers was very happy," she replied and smiled as well.

"I wanted to ask you for your name, the last time I forgot to ask," you said and smiled nervously. "My name is Kaede, could you say me your name, too?"

"My name is (Y/N). Kaede, huh? Like the maple."
"Maple? Does my name mean maple?" You nodded and smiled shyly.

Kaede and you talked a bit more until another customer came in and Kaede looked at the clock. "I have to go again, good luck at work!"
"Thank you!", You said and beckoned to her.

As agreed, you worked your shift off until the store closed and you could stop. You took the key and locked the store. "You work long," said a voice and you startled. "Did I scare you? Sorry!" She laughed slightly and you smiled a little.

"What are you doing here, why aren't you home?", You asked confused and looked at Kaede. "I waited until you were done with work so we could maybe do something and get to know each other better," she replied, still smiling.

"I can't say No, what did you think we can do?" You went to a park and sit down on a bench to talk about you and other things. "It's already 9 p.m., we should go home, don't you think?", You asked and stood up. "Naturally."

Next day is the same. You work until you're done and Kaede is waiting for you to do something with you. This goes on for several weeks and you could get to know your school friends.

It was Monday and you worked in the flower shop when Kaede came in. "I'm here again today as a customer. I want to have a particular flower whose meaning is love," said Kaede, smiling at you.

"All right, unknown customer, the standard flower for the meaning of love and affection is the rose, but it is quite expensive. I recommend the Aster. It is the symbol of love, daintiness and trust."
"I'll take it."

She left the shop, giggling. You were thinking about of who the flower was for. You didn't think long after more customers arrived.

You leave the store, but do not lock up this time, because you only work the first few hours. Kaede was waiting for you, what you could imagine. "And who was the Aster for?" You asked, interested but a bit sad.

She hid something behind her back, but revealed it and said" "For you."

______________________________________

I'm sorry it took a long time, but school almost kills me.