[Kyoko Kirigiri × Fem!Reader]

Requested by: blackorwhite11

______________________________________

eucatastrophe

/ˌjuːkəˈtastrəfi/

a sudden and favourable resolution of events in a story; a happy ending.

"Lieutenant (L/N), wake up!" You jumped because of the shrill voice that screamed at you, before you fell from your chair.

"Wha-..." You tried to pry yourself by clinging to your chair. As you sat back on your butt, you looked to your co-worker.

"You have a job to do that was declared ready 10 minutes ago, hurry up!" When you got the words in your head, you stood up so fast that your chair fell backwards. You stormed out and ran as fast as you could to the agreed location.

Gradually you slowed down, finally stopped and took your phone out of your pocket to dial a number and hold it to your ear.

"Hello?", you heard a voice on the other side.

"Hey, Lieutenant, where do I even have to go?"

~~

"Death time: 2:37 pm. Cause of death: puncture in the chest," said a lilac-haired while watching on her watch.

"Detective Kirigiri, we count on your hard work! I hope you will find the culprit," one of the co-worker shouted and sneaked away.

You just stand there and didn't know what to do. "You are late again, (Y/N)!", said Kyoko and looked directly at you.

You rubbed your neck and let out a nervous laugh. "Yes, I'm sorry, I fell asleep on my desk, Detective Kir-"

You were cut off from two hands cupping your face, forcing you to look into two emotionless but shiny, violet eyes. "You don't need to be so formal, no one is here anymore. I'm done here anyways, all they have to do is to replace me with someone else."

She pecked your lips, took your hand and dragged you out of the horror scene that you guys had to see. You went back to the starting point to report. However, Kyoko should rather report, because you appeared later at the scene.

When Kyoko came to you again, she explained that she needed to go home to get things done. When she went outside, you ran after her.

"Come on, Kyoko, you never really take a break, tonight you'll go out with me, I won't accept a no!"

At first she looked at you skeptically and unconvinced, but gave in and agreed to meet with you at 9 pm.

At home time pasts and you had to slowly get ready for the date with your girlfriend.

You groaned and actually didn't want to get up from your bed, but you had to and you crawled to your closet.

"Actually, I should wear something classy for a date, but a tight dress makes me claustrophobic, and I can't just show up with jogging pants," you mumbled while standing in front of your open closet.

You decided for a dress, which was not too tight. After spending several minutes getting dressed, you took your bag and left.

You arrived and went into the restaurant where Kyoko was waiting for you. She had an elegant black dress on, with some black gloves that was fitting to it and her hair was tied into a lovely bun.

"You look really stunning, Detective Kirigiri," you said, making yourself noticeable. She slightly jumped, because she was in her thoughts and didn't see you coming.

"Oh, (Y/N), I didn't see you, and I've told you several times before, you shouldn't call me by my detective title when we're not at work!"

At the end, when you left the restaurant, you two talked a bit more in the cold dark. "Call me when you get home," Kyoko said, looking worried. "Alright, you can count on me!"

You starred at her lips before your legs moved by themselves and you kissed her tenderly.

You could feel that she didn't return the kiss at first, but after some seconds of realization, she gave in and kissed you back.

An innocent kiss turned into a passionate one. She licked your bottom lip and you gave her entry, but before it got hotter, you broke the kiss due lack of oxygen. You started smirking when you saw the red veil around Kyoko's nose.

"See you!", you said before you went in the opposite direction. On the way home, you jumped like a small child. Every time anew, a kiss with her felt like the first one.

You saw a figure approaching you, it was a normal, drunken man who stumbled back and forth. 'Man, can't anyone bring him home? He can't even walk straight,' you thought as you planned to ignore him.

When he got dangerously close, you felt a tug in the tummy area. He stabbed you.

"You policemen are all the same, you pretend that you know everything better, and that you are heroes while you can't even tell if a guy pretends to be drunk or not."

He took the knife out of your stomach and ran away as fast as possible.

You didn't know what to do and you couldn't think of anything, you were in shock. Your hands moved to the wound, which didn't stop bleeding.

Your legs couldn't hold you anymore and you fell with your back to the floor, looking up. After each breath, it became increasingly difficult to breathe and the pain became more noticeable. All you could possibly taste was the blood pooling in your mouth. You felt like it was freezing and your lips began to tingle uncomfortably.

You started to cough and almost choked on your own blood while trying to get up, but it was impossible with the wound that felt like it was spreading the pain all over your body.

You used your last power to take your phone out of your jacket pocket. Instead of calling the ambulance, the name 'Kyoko' was written on your screen.

When you pressed 'Call', you moved your arm towards the ear and heard it beeping.

Each beep sounded more and more distant, it was getting harder and heavier to let your eyes open and your whole dress was soaked in the red contrast of the blood. 'How am I going to wash it out?'

"Hello? (Y/N)?", you heard on the other side. You couldn't help but smile. "Are you already home?"

"Yeah, I went pretty fast. I hope you came home well too," you said as normal as possible. You took a deep breath and had to bite back a whine when you felt terrible pain.

"Are you sure you are okay? Should I come ove-.."

"No, no, everything's fine, don't worry." It was silent for a few seconds before you said:

"I just wanted to let you know that I really love and appreciate you. I appreciate you for still being with me after 3 years. I love you very much."

You heard a light chuckle. It made you smile and forget that you are actually going to die. "What's with you all of the sudden? I love you too, you should go to sleep now, it's pretty late and you sound like you are going to faint because of fatigue."

You nodded but realized that she couldn't see it. You have reached the point where you no longer felt anything and had no strength left.

"Y-Yes, I really should, I'm v-very tired, please do not stay awake too long, w-will you?" Your voice sounded brittle and quiet. You had to take deep breaths with each word to continue talking, but you tried to make it as unobtrusive as possible. She agreed and hung up after a simple good night.

You listened to the beeping for a while before your arm fell to the side and your hand let go of your phone.

Your eyes fell like cherry blossoms in spring. If you didn't know it better, you would just think that you fell asleep.

But this time you didn't wake up.

___________________________
Edgy is my second name