[Ryoma Hoshi × Male!Reader]

Requested by: Plit-plat

______________________________________

"And now please try to raise your arm," said the doctor and looked at you over his glasses.

You tried to lift your right arm, which was replaced by a prosthesis, but after lifting it a few feet, it felt weird and wrong.

You still lifted your arm a bit before you dropped it on your lap and just looked at the doctor.

He wrote something down with a serious look and let you still sit confused.

"It is not easy to lose an arm. We will help you to use the prosthesis well, okay?" The doctor asked monotonously, looking over his glasses again.

You couldn't really answer at that moment, as so many questions and phrases buzzed your mind.

"And what if I can no longer work as a police officer? I mean, I am the Ultimate Policeman, how am I going to use a prosthesis to arrest or help people?" You asked panicky and hectic.

The doctor took a deep breath. "If you don't let us help, you'll probably have to give up the name as Ultimate Policeman, Mister (L/N)."

Finally, you agreed to help so you do not have to give up your name or job, because it was too important to you.

In between, however, you had to go to school, but you were in the hospital before because you had lost your arm in a car accident.

Nobody ever said that being a police officer is easy and safe, and you knew it the most.

You didn't want to attract much attention, so you put on long sleeves and tied your "robotic arm" into a bandage.

It wasn't easy at home either. Your parents were divorced. Your father worked more than he should to pay for your treatment while your mother didn't live in the same city anymore.

Everything was going through your head at the moment while you sat on your bed half asleep and actually had to get ready for school.

Also, next week you did not have to go to school any longer because you accepted the help offered in the hospital so you could become a police officer again.

In other words, you lived in a chaos of emotions that destroyed your train of thought.

You rubbed your eyes, went to the bathroom to splash with water, so you could finally wake up. But your arm was a problem.

You tried as hard as you could to get dressed and get ready, but that took a long time.

You ran to school as fast as you could and were quick. Of course, you were quick, you had to be fast enough to catch someone as a policeman.

"(Y/N)? You're back!" Someone from your class shouted as you opened the door. You just smiled politely and sat down on your desk.

Many came to you and asked you where you had been or if you had been ill. That was normal.

You tried to answer the questions as best you could, without alerting to your accident or robotic arm.

When your classmates got enough answers, your friend came to you.

"They never really talk to you, why should it matter to them that you haven't been there for a long time?" "Come on, I wasn't in school for several weeks, it makes curious, Ryoma," you answered, leaning your chin against your flat hand.

"Were your answers true?" He asked.

"Why are you asking? Of course they were true," you were lying again.

"Yeah, sure! You blush if you start lying," Ryoma said sarcastically and grinned.

You only rolled your eyes and banged your head against the table.

A week went by and the only thing that changed about your problem was that you just got used to the prosthesis. Nothing more.

Your father wrote the apology he sent to the school because you started the plan this week.

"I wish you luck, my son," said your father, not exactly happy that his son might finally be able to handle the prosthesis.

"Is something wrong? You're not acting well," you asked sadly.

"No, I'm fine, I just have a little headache, nothing to worry about." He smiled at you, but you couldn't take him seriously.

Before you went to the hospital, you said goodbye to your father.

You stayed there for a few weeks because you were doing very well. The help you got was helpful and you could do a lot more than before.

You also started working as a policeman beside the school too. You were reasonably happy again.

Someone patted you on the back. You turned around and saw a colleague. "You rocked it pretty much today, boy. We should go eat something to celebrate, the others will come too."

You agreed with a big smile and went with them. You laughed and ate a lot.

You wanted to go back to the office when you heard screams and shots. You ran as fast as you could when you saw several men in suits on the floor. "What the..."

You saw a figure as you quickly grabbed your gun. You asked the figure to hold their hands over their heads and not to move.

But they tried to escape when you shoot. Your arm prosthesis broke a little at the pressure of the weapon and the figure fell to the ground.

You ran to them but with every step you became slower and slower. "Ryoma?" You said in a whisper, because your voice broke off.

You kneel in front of him and take him in your arms. "Ryoma, why did you do that, what ..." You stopped when you saw your hand in dark blood.

You feel pain in your stomach and you feel sick. Very sick. You didn't really learn how to shoot the gun with your prosthesis. You could only hit the target when it was a few feet away.

No matter how many times you call him, he didn't open his eyes. You just wanted to hit him on the leg so he couldn't run anymore, but instead you hit his back.

______________________________________

This end is just as bad as my maths grades, oh God.
I can't sleep so Imma trying to finish requests.