She's Coming Home 💫

Cheryl's P.O.V:

At this point- I needed to talk to somebody around here. Anybody!

I finally got a hold of another woman that worked in the hospital. She helps children who come in here and who need help with different situations. We stood outside of the little girls room and talked for a moment.

"Please, is there anything that I can do? She can't go back home." I said as I started to feel so desperate to help her.

"Ma'am. She's already assigned to Janice and I-..." she said but I cut her off.

"She's gonna send her back to the same people who hurt her. Do you really want her to go back?" I asked her. She looked away from me and took a deep breath.

"Fine. I'll try my best to switch with Janice and we can give you a background check. Maybe she could go home with you for the night but ma'am, if we find her parents- some things might change. Can you handle taking this little girl home for the night until her parents show up?" She asked me.

"Yes. Do a background check, I'll even take a drug test- whatever it is that you need me to do. I'm a safe person. She will be fine with me, trust me." I told her as I started to feel a little better.

"Gotcha. My name is Nancy by the way. Also, I'll go talk Janice out of this case. I'll be back." She said as she slightly smiled.

"Thank you so much, Nancy. My name is Cheryl." I told her as I smiled.

"Be right back, Cheryl." She told me.

I walked back in the room where she was fast asleep again. I resumed my seat with her and ma who was still holding her hands.

"So? Any luck?" Ma asked as she looked up at me?

"Some woman named Nancy said she's gonna talk Janice off the case and do a background check on me and if it comes up clean which is will when they release her tonight she may be able to go home with me." I said with a little bit of positivity in my voice.

"Oh praise God. Because I couldn't stand knowing what she's been through this has to stop." Ma said as she sounded hurt.

"I know that ma but for right now all we can do is wait and pray." Ma said. And that's just what we did

MOMENTS LATER...

Nancy finally knocked on the door and motioned for me to meet her outside. I grabbed my mom's arm and told her I'll be right outside.

"Okay so it took a while but I did get Janice to turn the case over to me, she thinks the child's lying and forgot what her job description is, but she'll deal with the commissioner for that. I ran a thorough background check on you and everything came up crystal clear. Not so much as a parking ticket I commend you for that Cheryl especially in New York, but I did see that you were newly divorced?" She said to me. My mood and my aura quickly changed.

"Yes, I am. Is that a bad thing?" I asked her.

"Uh....no. Anyways, everything is fine and I'll go ask for them to take another look at her and then release her." Nancy told me.

"Okay, thank you again." I told her.

When I walked back into the room, I smiled really big and then Ma automatically knew.

I then went over towards the little girl and tried to wake her up.

"Baby girl, wake up. I've got some good news." I said as I softly touched her arm. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"How would you feel about coming home with me for the night?" I asked her.

"That's fine..." He said as she then looked over at Ma. "Can Mrs. Riley come?" She asked me. I looked over at Ma and smiled.

"What do you say, Ma?" I asked her.

"Of course. I'll be there." She said as she smiled at the girl.

"They're going to have to take another look at you and then if everything is looking alright, you can be released." I told her.

"I-...I don't want them to touch me anymore. Everything still hurts..." She said as she grabbed her side.

"Baby, they've face gotta take one more look. Just one and I promise you that they won't hurt your side nor your arm, Alright?" I told her. She poked her lip out and just nodded her head. I don't know why but it made me feel bad but they needed to do what they needed to do.

The doctors came in again to take a look at her. They went to go check her arm first. It was her left arm. The doctor went to touch it and she jolted a little bit. They needed her to wear a cast. To heal the bones that were moved out of place. They then moved on to the broken ribs. They also were gonna need bandages to wrap around her. They gave the final okay and disappeared out the room. Moments later they returned with the bandages and release forms.

"Okay Ms.Riley these papers are for you. These papers are the regular hospital release paper, and these are for Nancy granting you temporary custody of this child. Just sign all of these let us wrap her up, and you are free to go." The doctor said

"Thank you so much." I said joyfully to the doctor.

"No thank you. You don't realize how much of an affect your going to have on this child. Try and get her to talk more, we need a name for us to be able to do everything else. And I'll give you the instructions on how to care for her with these injuries and bandages." He said.

"Thanks but I know how to care for someone with injuries as such. Before I started music and acting I went to school for nursing I'm technically certified to do this kind of thing." I reassured the doctor.

"Okay baby they're just gonna put bandages on your injuries and than we're gonna take you to Cheryl's house okay. It may hurt a little bit,just squeeze my hand if you need to I promise were right here." Ma said to her as she sat next to her.

I put my glasses on and read through all the papers and did everything it required me to do. After I finished I waited for the doctor to finish with the girl and handed them the papers. The nurse came in with the prescription for the low dose medication they had prescribed to her and a wheel chair to help us downstairs. "Im gonna go get the car Cheryl...I'll meet you too downstairs." Ma said. As she took of a couple minutes before us to warm the car up.

As we reached the entrance we saw my car and I pointed it out to the nurse. "Alright well here we are. Good luck you too." She said as I put the little girl in the car. I decided that ma should sit in the back with her and I'll drive.

STAR/VOTE 🦋🤘🏾 What are you guys thinking about it so far? Shall we continue?