36

Cheryl's P.O.V:

"Look at you. Baby girl you're truly amazing on this piano." I said to Olivia as we walked downstairs.

"Thanks. I try." She simply responded.

"So what shall we do for dinner?" I asked her.

"I don't know order food I guess."

"If that's what you want baby than okay."

I ordered us some Chinese food, and found a movie for us to watch while we ate.

After the movie was over I saw that Olivia was fast asleep in my lap. She had fallen asleep halfway through the movie and I didn't wanna wake her yet. But it's getting late and she still has to shower.

"Olivia baby girl wake up." I said as I lightly shook her. She turned her head little bit signaling she was saying no.

"come on baby girl. go take a bath so we can change your bandages and you can go back to sleep I promise." I explain to her as I tried to carry her up the stairs to the bathroom.

After she was safely in her bed I kissed her forehead once more and made sure to leave the door ajar and the light on. I took my shower and took care of myself.

I peeked in her room one last time where she was fast asleep. I went in my room got in my bed and pulled out my phone. I had some text messages from Sabrina and Mike. Before I answer them I wanted to try and squeeze in some much needed studio time.

I finally opened Mikes text.

Mike: Hey Cheryl I just wanted to say I'm sorry again for what happened earlier. I didn't mean to upset you but I truly do want the best for you and Olivia.

Me: It's what ever but understand that your here for Olivia not me-... you and I never worked.

He then decided to call me.

"Yes Mike?" I said as I answered.

"So you're not mad? Right?"

"Oh no I'm still pissed you were dumb for that, but a little less now." I explained.

As I continued to talk to him on the phone I heard screaming from Olivia's room. I immediately ran in there not realizing the phone was still in my hand.

"OLIVER-.... OLIVER NOOOO! PLEASE DONT DO THIS TO HIM!" She was screaming as she was crying and fighting in her sleep harder than ever.

While I was trying to wake her up I could faintly here Mike in the background saying he was on his way. I didn't care about him-... but who is Oliver?
——————-
"Olivia!" I said as I shook her a little bit. That's when she finally woke up and tightly hugged me.

"Who's Oliver?" I asked her as I held her in my arms. She just kept crying but this time- her grip on me was super tight. It was like something had scared her half to death in that dream.

"Oli-...Olivia...who is Oliver? It's just a Dream, baby girl." I told her.

She just shook her head and continued to hug me. I sighed and just held her in bed so that she could calm down a little. Hopefully after this, she can tell me who this is.

——————-

After Olivia started to calm down, I brought her downstairs to get something to drink so that I could talk to her about what it was that the dream was about.

"Okay, Olivia. Now, tell me what the dream was about." I asked her as I gave her something to drink and sat down with her at the table.

"I-...I don't wanna say this time." She said as she stared at the cup. She lightly pushed the cup away and shook her head as she looked down.

"You have to tell me in order for me to help you feel better." I said as I touched her hand.

"Okay. I don't want to feel better then..." she said as she looked up at me.

"Don't say that. Come on, talk to me." I told her.

She looked at me and I could see that it was something very serious and sensitive that had happened in that dream of hers.

"There's something....that I haven't told you yet." She then said as she sighed.

"Okay...and what's that?"

"I had a brother. His name was Oliver and-....my Mommy did something....bad to him." She said as her voice started to crack.

"Why-...why haven't you told me this? Is he with your Mom now?" I asked.

"No."

"Well, where is he?" I asked her with concern in my voice.

"...he's dead." She said as she then started to cry. "She hurt him and now he's dead. I won't see him ever again and it's my fault because I didn't say anything." She told me.

"Say anything about what? How is it your fault?" I asked her.

She started fidgeting with the side of her shirt again. That was becoming a pattern I could tell she was upset.

"Baby girl it's okay you can tell me I'm not going to judge you but I can't help you if you don't talk." I explained. She took a deep breath and slowly began to explain.

"One day Mommy left me and Oliver in the house while they went out. Oliver liked to jump around a lot. Mommy had this glass vase they always used on the table. Oliver knocked it over and they came in the house... they were so mad" She was starting to really tense up.

"Baby that wasn't your fault... how did he die?"

"Mommy grabbed him and she kept hitting him, than her boyfriend got mad and shook him and kept shaking him..."

Before we could continue there was a banging on the door. Who the hell was this?

I went to see who it was and before I could say anything Mike burst through the door.

"Where is Olivia?! Is she okay? Is she hurt!? What happened?!" He asked as he continued to walk around the house till he found her sitting in the kitchen.

STAR/VOTE 💗