Chapter 50

Cheryl's point of view

Once we made it to my parents house, I went straight to bed. I didn't really wanna talk because despite me complying with my parents making me come home; my baby girl was still out there somewhere afraid, cold,and god knows what else.

I didn't think it would be possible to feel such a heart break like this. It doesn't get better when I wake up in the morning, it dodes on me and becomes so much more haunting at night when I close my eyes and ttry to sleep to gain just enough strength to fight for her another day.

When they stole my baby out of our home it was like they stole my heart alongside her, and without a heart I might as well be as good as dead. That's what I already felt like anyway.

While I laid in the bed drifting in and out of sleep I could faintly hear footsteps approaching my door.

"Cheryl, baby are you awake? Sabrina's here to see you..." Ma said as she stood in the doorway.

I opened my eyes but I didn't bother to look in her direction. I didn't even have enough energy too look at her due to how physically and emotionally drained I felt. I just stared out the window across from the bed. The sun starting to set over.

"Well, I can never truly sleep. Peaceful sleep is never an option when your child is missing and is in the hands of a some perverted grown ass man. So no I'm not asleep I'm just laying with my eyes shut " I replied to her.

"Cheryl—"

"I'll go talk to her." I said as I cut her off and got out of bed. I was tired but I knew that I had to talk to her about Olivia.

I followed behind my mother down the stairs where Sabrina was sitting on the couch texting. "Well I got her out of the bed." Ma sighed as we approached Sabrina and I held onto the sides of my sweater.

"Hey Cheryl... how are you?" She asked as she gave me a light hug.

"I have a temporary limp, a gash in the side of my head, a black and blue eye and my baby girl is gone so I don't know Sabrina you tell me." I responded as I rolled my eyes and took a seat.

"Wel-...uhm, I-...I know. Maybe I shouldn't have asked that question but I just wanted to be polite."

"You're very much correct. You shouldn't have asked that question because I feel like almost everything has been torn away from me. I don't wish this feeling on anybody in this entire world and right now, I can't believe that this what im enduring right now, and as the days go i cant seem to see the light at the end. So, I apologize now if I don't seem like that ray of sunshine everyone thinks of me to be, but I want to beat somebody—hell anybody's ass right now ok!" I confessed and a tear fell from my one eye that wasn't bruised  followed by a sigh of- well hell I don't even know anymore.

"I hear you, Cheryl. I'm sure that I would feel the same way. However, I do have some news...but I don't think that you would like it..."

I quickly looked over at her as she finally took a seat herself. Honestly, I'm getting so used to receiving horrible news at the point, hearing any more couldn't do anymore damage.

"Is it Olivia?!" I rushed to ask her as I sat up and held a hand in the middle of my chest. My heart was beating a thousand miles a minute and my hopes were dying down.

"Yes. I mea—"

"What is it? Don't just say that you have bad news and then—what is it? Just tell me because-...just tell me. Now..." I said as my voice started to crack. Next, I put my head in my hands and took a few deep breaths.

"Cheryl, just let her talk." Ma said as she entered into the room.

"I can hear you from the kitchen and you're not letting the woman have a chance, okay? Stop, calm down and keep the faith. So, Sabrina- what happened? What's going on?"

"Well, I-...I spoke to the judge and the police who are aware of this missing child case. Apparently, it takes 48 hours and after that, they would assume the child is either dead or just....I don't know. However, the police are losing hope for this case and the head detective says that we have literally 3 days until he calls it off. Apparently, they have other cases to tend to."

"Woooowwww..." I said as I stood up and looked over at Sabrina as if she were crazy. "So, you're telling me...these damn people are just gonna give up on my child and me? They're just gonna fuckin' give up becau-..." I said as I stopped talking and started pacing the floor. "This is crazy and all this time...people were telling me to let them do their job. THEY'RE NOT DOING THEIR JOB! So, in order for me NOT to lose my damn mind right now; 1 you can get the fuck out of my house if you aren't going to help me. I'll do this myself." I said as I shook my head and rubbed the back of my neck.

Somebody knows something and I think that I know exactly....who knows something too.

I looked in the coat closet for my shoes and a light jacket since it was windy outside.

"Che...Cheryl where do you think your going." Ma asked as she watched me gather my things to investigate this in my own.

I ignored her question and went to look for my car keys which for some reason were missing. "Cheryl I asked you a question which means I was expecting an answer now where do you think you're going?" Ma asked louder following me through the house.

"To find my baby and this time no ones stopping me. Now where are fuck are my keys?!" I lashed back as I turned around to look in the kitchen.

"I don't know who you think you're talking too but I advise you fix your tone and you fix it now! Mad or not I'm still your mother and if you ever even fix your lips to talk to me like girl I swear fo God.." She shouted back at me. My body jerked in reaction to the way she raised her voice at me and I just looked at her. I didn't know what to say I had never disrespected her like that and she wore the shock that I just did but I was angry.

"Ma please I just wanna find her and you heard Sabrina they're giving up on her just like everyone else has but I won't be on of those people. I brought her into my home. I promised to love her. Protect her, and above all else never give up on her. I'll be damned if i break that promise now... now my keys please." I pleaded as I stared back into her eyes my own filled with tears that fell on their own. No use in even trying to blink them back.

"I know that Cheryl Ann but you yourself are hurting. Not just mentally and emotionally over this, but physically baby look at you; look at your face. You have a limp now for crying out loud.

I know what you're feeling as a mother for Olivia. I would do the same things for you and you're siblings in a heartbeat God knows I would but not like this. In a condition like this, but you are an adult and I can't force you to do anything nor can I stop you... the keys in the den in the side end table closest to the coat closet. But if you ever disrespect me like that again Cheryl so help me.."

"I...I know ma and I'm sorry but I just wanna find her." I apologized once more as I gave my mom a kiss on her cheek and a hug before I went for my car keys and headed out the door. Lose hope huh... I'll find her my damn self you just watch me.

I got into my car and sat there for a moment. My leg was starting to hurt, and it was like I could feel every bone in there tensing up, and my head was spinning, but I didn't care. I'll use my last breath to make sure Olivia was safe.

By any means.

A/N I'm back and can't wait to get back into it. I've grown as a writer and I'm excited to share in it with this story. ⭐️