My House ❤️

CHERYL's POINT OF VIEW

          When we made it to my house, we all got out of the car and went inside. As I open the front door, I heard the little girl say "Wow" to herself. Not sure why but I feel as if this little girl has never had a real, comfortable home before.

"I know that you must be tired. You had a long day and barely had some rest." I told her as she continued to look around.

"I'll go fix up the guest room for her, Alright?" Ma said as she lightly touched my arm. I nodded my head. As Ma left, I decided to give her a small tour of my home while we wait.

"And this right here is my music room. All of my accomplishments live in this one room. Metals from when I was younger, my certificates, my-..." I said but she cut me off.

"Wha-....what's this?" She asked me as she stopped at my framed record of "Thanks For My Child." From back in November of 1988.

"Oh, that's just a framed record. It went number one on billboard. That was-....wow.....the best day of my life, actually." I told her as we both looked at the one thing in my life that had a big impact on who I was today. Music made me happy.

"You...make music?" She asked as she looked around the entire room in awe at all my musical achievements.

"Yea sweet heart something like that. I've been doing this since I was young." I Said to her as I looked around.

We left the music room and kept touring around the house. "This is my room, and this is where you'll be sleeping tonight." I said as we stood in the door way and saw that ma was still getting the room together.

"So pretty girl what do you wanna do first? We could order food watch a movie than get ready for bed. Anything you want." Ma said as she looked back at us,and walked with us to the living room.

"An-...anything I want? Why?" She asked.

I was hurt by the fact that she even asked that question.

"Because- here, I want to make you feel at home for the night. Just choose anything and we will be down to do it." I said to her.

"I'm not hungry...." she said as she looked around her room.

"Well....movie?" I asked her as I then looked over at Ma.

She just nodded her head and looked down at her left arm that had the cast on it.

"Okay. Well, how about? You get comfortable up here and put things where you wanna and then you can meet the both of us downstairs." I told her.

"Okay..." She said as she looked up at me. Ma and I had left the room. Ma attempted to close the door behind us as we left.

"No!" The little girl said. Ma opened the door and looked at her.

"Please....don't close....the door." She said as her eyes started to look glossy and she sniffled.

"Okay, baby girl. I'll just....leave it open." Ma said as she opened the door fully. She stood there and looked at the two of us. We then left to give her a moment.

I went into my room to get her something for later so she could sleep in it. "Cheryl baby that little girl is traumatized. She needs us. Baby she needs you." Ma said as she touched my shoulder.

"I know ma. I know. I'm gonna do everything in my power to make sure this baby stays safe. I don't know ma it's just suddenly all I wanna do is protect her from everything. Why is that? I just met her but I don't even know her name." I sighed as we walked and I looked in the room and saw that she was slowly rearranging some of the pillows.

After a couple of minutes she slowly met us downstairs and ma was getting the blankets and pillows together. "What movie do you wanna watch sweetie?" I asked her as I set everything up. She just shrugged her shoulders and sat down on the couch.

"Come on baby what's your favorite movie anything you name it we'll watch it okay I promise." Ma said as she sat down next to her.

"Li-...little rascals.." She quietly said.

"Hey I love that movie too." I said as I gently giggled. She gave us both a small smile.

We all sat there and watched the movie together. She was silent and it seemed as if she was very interested in this movie. I've never met a child that always shrugged her shoulders at everything that should be exciting. Every kid has a favorite food or a favorite movie. With her? She had to think about it.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her. She sat between Ma and I. She looked over at me and just nodded her head. I guess that it means that she was feeling alright.

It was a long ass day for me. I opened my eyes and realized that I had fell asleep on the movie.
I looked over and I saw that baby girl had her head on my arm and she was fast asleep as well. Ma was asleep too.

I don't know why but seeing her laying her head on my arm- made me happy. I've always wanted a child of my own and at this moment- I was getting some "Mommy Type Vibes". Mommy type vibes that I've been craving for some while now.

STAR/VOTE  😚💛