46

Two days later...
Cheryl's Point of View

"Thank you for driving me home." I told Mike as we walked into my house. He closed the door and I turned to look at him.

"No problem..." he said as he nodded his head and stuffed his hands in his pockets. He was silent. Unusually silent.

"I'm gonna...go take a shower and uhm, get ready to go." I told him as I was about to turn around to go up the stairs.

"Woah. Go where, Cheryl?" He asked me as he took a few steps towards me.

"To try and find Olivia." I said as I looked at him.

"No...you need to rest."

"Mike, how can I rest when my child is out there with that man? I can't rest. I've BEEN resting in the hospital. The damn police are taking their time and I'm not gonna sit here and wait until they find something." I explained to him.

Mike looked down at his feet and then back up at me.

"I can't let you do that, Cheryl. Also...she's our...child."

I sighed and looked away from him.

"I'm sorry, Mike but I'm a grown ass woman and you can't tell me where and what I can and cannot do. We aren't married anymore and even if we were- you still wouldn't be able to stop me." I said as I started to get upset. "Why are you so worried about me anyways?" I asked him as I furrowed my eyebrows together and examined his facial expression.

"MAYBE ITS BECAUSE I STILL LOVE AND CARE ABOUT YOU!" He automatically yelled.

After he said that....I was silent. I looked at him with a confused facial expression.

"I-....I found that out when I-....I saw you there. You were hurt..." he said as his eyes started to dwell up with tears. "I don't think that I would ever wanna see you like that ever again, Cheryl. When I saw you, my entire heart shattered and that's something that you don't understand. What if you find her and he hurts you again? WHILE I'm not there AGAIN. Do you think that I could live with myself after that? This is hard for me too, Okay? Olivia is gone. She's gone and honestly, I wanna kill him too but some things we have to leave in the hands of the police. We can't go looking for ourselves." He explained to me.

"Im sorry, Mike. I have to. I made her a promise and I won't break it. Not for you....or anyone else." I told him. He shook his head and looked up towards the ceiling to hold his tears back. "Also, thank you for caring about me but....I can't do...." I said as I pointed back and forth between him and I. "This....ever again." I said as finished.

"Fine, go and...do whatever. You never listen to me and you didn't even listen to me when we were married. That's one of the reasons as to why we got a divorce- along with losing our child. Some of this is your fault because you always wanna be "Super Cheryl" and do extra shit." Mike told me.

"Wait...what was my fault? I know damn well that you didn't just bring our child into this. SHE wasn't the reason we got a divorce....it was YOU." I said as I pointed at his chest.

"Me? Nah, it wasn't me. Everything is my fault in your book, huh? "Mike did this. Mike said this. Mike didn't do this." and all of that extra stuff. YOU DID SOME STUFF TOO. You pushed me away after we lost her and THATS why we grew apart. You didn't let me be there for you and I was pissed off."