Frustrations 💡

Cheryl's P.O.V:

It was as if like clock work my mother knew I needed her. As I rested my head against the steering wheel tears of anger and frustration continued to flow my phone rang.

"Hello." I answered.

"Cheryl? Baby what's wrong??" Ma asked when she heard my voice.

"It-...it's Olivia..." I managed to say as I continued to cry.

"What about her Cheryl what's going on?!?" Ma said as she began to sound alarmed.

"I-...I... they-...I had no-...." I couldn't find the words in me to tell my mother that they had taken her from me.

"Cheryl Ann speak to me. Where are you actually." She said.

"I'm-leaving the restaurant. Want me to come there?" I said.

"Yes I need you to explain because you're not making any sense." She responded. I said okay and that I'd see her soon, and we said our goodbyes. I finally started my car and drove off.

Once I got to my parents house I knocked on the door. I waited for ma to come to the door, and once I saw her I just completely broke down again.

"It's okay baby girl. It's gonna be okay." She said as she hugged me at the door and tried to soothe me. No matter how old I get I love coming back into my mothers arms and confiding in her.  she's really my best friend.

We finally made it inside to the couch where I explained to her the events that had just unraveled beforehand.

After I rendered her speechless for moment she finally said something. "Cheryl this-... just wow..."

She's was trying to find the words to describe how she was feeling.

"I know ma and I don't know what to do at this point. I promised Olivia I wouldn't make her go back and now look." I said as I palmed my face into my hands.

"Cheryl you gotta fight this you can't just give up. You promised that baby." Ma said sternly.

"Ma what am I supposed to do she took her and Sabrina..." I said but ma cut me off

"...Sabrina was just doing her job baby. There was nothing she could've done." She said.

"I guess." I said quietly.

Ma just sighed she really didn't know what to say to me.

"I'm gonna go home I'll talk to you later." I said as I wiped my face again stood up and got ready to go. She shook her head okay and watched me walk out. I wanted to go home and be alone.

Once I got home the first place I went was Olivia's room. I looked over at the bed and how it was made up. She always had two pillows on the opposite sides of her one for her arm and one for her rib. I felt my tears beginning to flow as I looked at all her little clothes around. I then touched my necklace which was an exact replica of hers only bigger. I need to get my little butterfly back.

I wiped my tears once again and went down stairs to get something to eat. I made myself something quick to eat and grabbed myself a glass and a bottle of wine. I rarely drank but I needed it right now. As I ate I drank the wine and poured myself another glass. I finished off my food and took my glass and the bottle upstairs to the bathroom with me. Before I got in my shower I turned my phone on silent I didn't wanna be bothered...

I went in the bathroom and ran myself a hot shower. I needed it. I poured myself another glass of wine and drank it as I waited for the water to get as hot as I wanted it.

I got in an just let the water run across my entire body. I tried to hold back my tears but it was like everything I'd ever been through ran across my memory and I just couldn't hold it in any longer. All I could think to myself is why me? Why does all this have to happen to me. First I lose my own baby, then my husband, and now I'm losing Olivia. I don't know how much fight I have left in me. I know I can't give up yet but the fight I have left in me is slowly decreasing, but I promised Olivia. I have to get strong and fight for this baby girl MY baby girl.

I let the water run against me some more and cleared my head some more. I got out and wrapped a towel around myself. I heard my phone buzzing. I looked and saw it was Sabrina. She's the last person I wanna speak to right now IGNORE. I laid down and figured it was best to just try and go to sleep. I sure enough dozed off and thought that was the end of that nightmare but when I shut my eyes the real nightmare began.

*Cheryl's Dream*

"Cheryl this is all your fault. You shouldn't have let them take her!! Now look that baby's in this hospital fighting for her life because you couldn't hold onto her." Ma said as she walked pass me and out the room.

I just sat down next to the bed where Olivia had been laying. She had a tube down her throat, and she looked like she was in so much pain, bruises and bandages everywhere. I grabbed her little hand as tears flowed from my eyes. I suddenly felt her grab hold of my hand as well and slowly began to say something to me.

"Mo-...Mommy why'd you let them take me? You did this to me. Why'd you let me go." She said as a machine suddenly began to flat line. Beep!!

*END OF CHERYL'S DREAM*

I suddenly woke up and looked around. It was only a dream. I looked over at the time and it was 2:30am. I just laid my head back down and began to cry again. I can't get Olivia out of my mind. This is gonna be a long night and an even worse day.

STAR/VOTE 💜