38

Cheryl's P.O.V:

*The next day*

I woke up a little bit before Olivia. I looked over at the time and saw that it was 12:30. She and I must've slept through the morning. I didn't wanna wake her up so I quietly slipped out the bed grabbed my phone and went to do my usual routine I would've done in the morning.

After I finished up in the bathroom I went downstairs and sat on the couch. I looked at my notifications and saw that I had a few text messages and missed calls. My niece Tabitha had called me it's been awhile since she and I last spoke let me see what's up with her.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey baby girl what's up?"

"Hey auntie. I feel like we haven't talked in so long."

"I know it's been awhile I've been so busy."

"I know grandma told me... when were you gonna tell us about this beautiful little baby you rescued?"

"Child that's a long story and she has been through it" I said as I began to explain to her everything that's taken place including Mike.

By the time I finished Olivia was up and making her way downstairs. Tabitha wanted to come and see her a little later and I told her I'd have to see because with Olivia you never know.

"Hey, Beautiful. How did you sleep?" I asked her as I stood up.

She shrugged her shoulders and avoided eye contact with me.

"Well...uhm, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked her.

"I-...I'm not hungry. Where's Mr. Mike?" She asked me as she sat down on the couch and hugged a pillow.

"He's at home. Are you sure that you're not hungry?"

She nodded her head.

"Okay. Anyways, remember my brother that I told you about yesterday night? Well, my niece, his daughter, is gonna come over in a little bit. Her name is Tabitha and she is very, very excited about meeting you." I told her as I then sat down next to her. Olivia was silent.

"Okay." She said as she looked at me. "Is she nice?"

"Yes, she's very nice. You'll love her a lot." I told her as I smiled and touched her hair.

"When can I see Grandma again?" She then asked me as she started to fidget with her shirt.

"Uhm, do you want to see her? If so, you can see her tomorrow. How does that sound?" I asked. She nodded her head.

"Alright, I'm about to call Tabitha back and tell her that she can be on her way. Until then, please think about what you wanna eat and I'll be back." I said as I stood up.

"Sure..." She said a she watched me stand up. "Mommy..." she then said before I could leave the room.

"Yes?"

"....I love you." She then said in a sweet voice.

I smiled so big. "And I love you more than anything." I told her back. She slightly smiled and then started to get comfortable on the couch as she turned on the television.

I went into the other room and gave Tabitha a call.

"Well?" She said as she answered.

"She said yes you can come. I informed her.

"Awesome is there cautions I need to take with her? Any topics I shouldn't bring up around her.

"Uhm no-...well there are a few things... most of her bruises are healing but her arm is still in a little wrap and so are her ribs so be careful around those areas. Obviously don't bring up her mom or anything... other than that you should be okay."