We Need A Name

Cheryl P.O.V
Brooklyn, New York
8:45 AM

When I woke up- I looked around the room and noticed that I had fell asleep along with her. I noticed that she was no longer in bed and so I sat up and yawned. I figured that Ma had probably taken her downstairs for breakfast or something. I got up and went to go do my daily morning routine. After I was done, I went to go look around the house. I first went to go look for Ma- she wasn't where she went to sleep at last night. I then went downstairs and as I went into the dining room, I found the two of them sitting in front of each other at the table- looking at each other. I raised one of my eyebrows and stood in the entrance way.

"Uh...Ma, whats....going on?" I asked her.

Ma stood up and walked over towards me.

"Cheryl...she doesn't want to eat anything. I made her cereal, pancakes, eggs, bacon and-.....she still just looks at her plate. I made her all of that to see what she likes but she doesn't want to eat. This is a problem." Ma whispered to me. I looked over at baby girl and saw that she was just moving things around on her plate with her fork- uninterested.

"I-....I got this. I'll talk to her." I said as I touched Ma's arm and walked over to the chair next to the girl.

"Good morning, sweetheart." I said as I sat down next to her and smiled. She looked at me and waved a little wave at me.

"Your food looks really good. Are you gonna eat some?" I asked her as I moved a piece of hair out of her face.

She shook her head no and then put the fork down.

"How about? You eat a little bit for me? Food is important, baby." I told her as I then looked back at Ma standing in the entrance way watching us. I gave her a look of no luck so far.

"N-....no-.....thank you." She said as she looked down in her lap and sniffled a little bit. I shifted in my seat and looked at Ma again. I didn't know what to do now.

I'm at a complete loss for what to do now. I wanted her to eat but I'm not gonna force her.

"Okay so you don't have to eat right now but promise me you'll try and eat something at some point today. For me?" I said as I stood up And knelt down to her seat and made eye contact with her. At first she shrugged her shoulders, than she finally shook her head okay. I said okay and gave her a slight smile.

"So what are we going to do today?" Ma came in and asked us trying to change the topic.

"Well if she's up to it I'd love to take her shopping today. Would you like that? Let you get what ever you want?" I asked as I reached out to touch her a little. She shifted but she allowed me to touch her though. She just said "o-..okay I guess. They won't come take me from you w-...will they?" She asked me kind of afraid and alarmed

"No baby no. Look at me okay look at me." I said as I slightly lifted up her chin avoiding the bruise covered with a bandaid.

"I don't know who your mom or that man is,but you didn't deserve any of this none of it. Don't think about them anymore okay. I promise I'm not going to allow them to come near you anymore okay." I said as I gently held both her hands. She gave me the smallest smile. Finally we're getting somewhere with her it thought to myself.

"What do you say ma a little shopping day, out on the town hm?" I asked as I smiled back at her and looked at ma.

"Let's see spending a day of girl time with my baby girl and these beautiful angel? I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do." She said as she walked in and held my shoulders while I was still kneeling down, and smiled.

Just as we were about to all go and get ready; my phone rang. Anytime the phone rang it made her a little nervous I reassured it was the phone and no one was coming for her. I looked at the phone and saw it was my bestie Sabrina.

"Hello?" I said as I answered.

"Hey, Cheryl. I just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna take on the case in a few. You already know me and you know that I'm gonna do my very, very best for this child. The only thing that is holding us back is that....we need a name." She said.

"Uh, hold on." I said as I moved the phone away from my ear and looked over at Ma.

"Ma, can you....take her upstairs so that she can get ready while I-...." I said as I pointed at the phone in my hand.

"Come on, baby." Ma said as she took baby girls hand and they left out of the room. I waited for them to be completely gone before I continued the conversation.

"Okay- so, thank you because you're the best. I'm gonna try my absolute best to get a name out of her. She's kinda warming up to my Mom and I." I said as I picked up her plate and took it to the kitchen.

"Good. That name is important. We don't know who she is or where she came from." She told me. I sat the plate down and thought to myself.

"What if-...." I said as I bit my lip and continued thinking to myself. "What if the only reason she's not telling us a name is because she doesn't want anybody to take her back to where she came from? I mean- I'm trying. I really am." I said as I took a deep breath and moved my hair out of my face.

"Well, keep trying. Call me once you get a name." Sabrina said. We then said our goodbyes. As I put my phone down on the countertop, I just continued to think. I made a note for myself in my head- Today: Get A Name!

STAR/VOTE 💕😜 Apparently, the things that I say are being monitored by Tony's Little Devil Seed 😂    -Essence 

For The Love Of You जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें