41

Cheryl's P.O.V:

"Ma she practically flipped on me at the idea of even having to go to school." I said as I talked to my mom on the phone. Olivia was still asleep so I figured now would be a good time to talk before we go over there later.

"Well cheryl baby what did you expect to happen? That child has been through hell and hot water being around other children may not be the best thing for her."

"Ma the therapist said that this should take her mind off of the terrible summer she's had. I just wanna help her feel like this is her normal now." I sighed as I tried to explain to ma what I was saying.

Just then Olivia appeared at the bottom of the stares hair all wild rubbing her eyes and holding Dr.Softhearted in the other.

"Finally my little princess has decided to grace the world with her presence so I'm gonna go tend to her and well see you later on." We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

"Good morning mommy." Olivia said as she walked into the kitchen and sat down.

"Good morning princess. How'd you sleep?" I asked as I poured her some juice and finished up the last preparations for breakfast.

"Ok." She said as she simply shrugged her shoulders and began to eat.

"Listen baby girl about last night..." I began to try and talk to her.

"No mommy. I don't wanna go please don't make me." She immediately began to say. Her eyes were getting glossy and I knew the tears would flow soon.

I stopped and looked at her.

"Baby girl, this is something that has to happen..." I told her.

"But I don't want to go. Why are you making me go?" She asked me as her voice started to crack.

"Because this will be good for you, Olivia. School is a good thing. Do you really think that Mommy would take you and let you go somewhere that wouldn't be good for you? Hm?" I asked her.

"No..." she said in a low voice. A few tears then rolled down her cheeks. She wiped them away and looked down at her food.

"Just trust me with this Olivia..." I said as I tried to convince her that this is what she needs to do.

"Fine." She said as she picked up her fork and avoiding eye contact with me for the rest of the conversation.

"You'll love it. I promise you this and look, there's nothing for you to be scared of. You're a very smart girl and you'll make a lot of friends. You're easy to love, Olivia. Plus, Mr. Mike and I will make sure that you're safe and happy where you are. One thing that I will always do is protect and make sure that you're as comfortable as can be. However, school is important." I explained to her.

She then looked up at me and nodded her head.
********
*A couple weeks later*

Today; Olivia went to children's counseling again. I hope that this is the right thing for her. Today, Ms. Mary wanted me to accompany Olivia because they were gonna talk about something new today.

"Olivia, your Mom told me about you not being ready to go to school. Is there a reason?" Mary asked her.

Olivia nodded her head.
"I just...I don't wanna go. I never liked school." She then said.