Just A Talk

*Cheryls P.O.V*

"You have a beautiful name baby." I said as I watched her look at her necklace.

"Ms.Cheryl." She said as she looked up at me.

"Yes baby?" I responded

"Now that you know my name... does that mean I have to go?" She asked me.

I didn't know what to tell her. I couldn't tell her that I would let them take her. "Well sweetheart I don't really know yet. I don't want you to go I'm really enjoying my time with you. I'm gonna try my hardest to make sure you don't have to go. My friend Sabrina is a lawyer and she's gonna make sure you can stay okay." I finally said.

"I like it here. I don't wanna go." She said as her eyes began to get all glossy.

"Don't cry love. You don't worry about that okay. You princess Olivia just get some sleep Okay." I said as I wiped away the one tear she allowed to fall. She shook her head okay and began to get comfortable in bed.

I then walked out of the room making sure to leave the light on and the door cracked a little. I walked to the door of where my mother had been sleeping. I peeked in and saw she was reading her bible. I didn't wanna interrupt her so i lightly knocked on the door, and she motioned for me to come in.

"She finally told me her name. It's Olivia." I told her as I sat down with my phone.

"Finally. How'd you get her to tell you?" She asked me. I motioned toward my necklace and told her the events that had just taken place.

"I'm so proud of you baby. You're doing the right thing." She told me.

"Thanks ma. I think I actually wanna keep her.." I said as I looked down on my phone debating on texting Sabrina or not.

"I knew you would baby, but it isn't gonna be easy. I have to go home tomorrow. Your dad is starting to get lonely." She said to me. I smiled At the thought of how my parents are still much in love after all this time. I wish my marriage could've been this way. As I drifted off in my thoughts my phone began to buzz. It was Sabrina. Dang I swear sometimes that girl is a mind reader.

"Hello?" I said as I answered the phone and stepped out of the room.

"Hey! Did you get a name?" She asked me. I started to walk towards my room.

"Uhm, I did actually. But- Sabrina....I want to keep her. I really do- this child needs me." I told her as I sat on the edge of my bed.

"Cheryl...you can have the child until we have talked and interviewed the parents. We have to make sure that the story is straight and see who is the cause. I'm not saying that she's lying but- we can't just take someone's child away from them. Especially if we don't have our facts together." She said. I took a deep breath and put my hand on my forehead.

"Sabrina, I will do anything. Just please do what you have to do. I know that it's them that's hurting her. She told me and I believe her!" I told her.

"Look, I'll try my best to get her to at least stay with you until we have talked to the parents. It's not gonna be easy though. This is somebody's child that we are talking about here. All I need is for you to tell me the name and I can continue on. I'll let you know whom the Mom and her boy friend is tomorrow." She told me.

"Her name is Olivia. I-...don't have the last name but hopefully you can work with that." I told her.

"I can narrow my list of 8 year old girls named Olivia in the Brooklyn area- don't worry." She told me.

"Okay thanks Sabrina I owe you one." I said.

"Don't mention it girl you know I'd do anything for you peps." She responded. She loved calling me that. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

I took a deep sigh and laid down... I don't even recall falling asleep.

*The next morning*

I woke up to my phone buzzing. I sat up and looked at the time. It was 10:30. It was quiet in the house. I answered my phone as I got up and put my robe on to see what was what.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good morning Peps." Sabrina said.

"Good morning to you too." I responded as I looked into Olivia's room where she was still peacefully asleep.

"Sooo I'm at my office right now and I'm on the national database I've found 10 girls from Brooklyn with the name Olivia that are 8 years old. I need you're help to narrow it down." She explained to me.

"How can I help? I only have her first name." I said as I made my way downstairs.

"Tell me anything you know about her. Anything her birthday?" She said

"Well she did tell us she just turned 8 five-six days ago. Can that help?" I asked.

"Yep. Bingo okay I found her. Her full name is Olivia Grace Heathers. I'm gonna send you a picture of her now tell me if that's her." She told me.

Just than my phone buzzed on my ear. I looked at the message and saw the picture of Olivia.

"Yea... that's her." I sighed.

"Great! I'll be over to ask her a few questions- is that Alright?" She asked me.

"Sure." I told her.

"Okay. Give me about 30 minuets and I'll be over." Sabrina said. We then said our goodbyes and hung up.

30 minuets later:

"Okay, Olivia. My friend Sabrina is gonna come over and she's gonna ask you a few questions about your Mommy, Alright?" I told her as I sat down at the dining table. She was eating some pancakes for her breakfast and once I said that- she looked at me as if she was horrified.

"No...I don't wanna talk to her." She told me as she looked at me.

"Baby girl, she's just gonna ask you a few questions. I won't let her take you, Okay? Just answer the questions that she has and everything will be fine." I told her as I slightly touched her shoulder. "How's your side doing? After she leaves, I'm gonna change the bandage on it." I told her.

"It's fine." She said as she started to look sad. I knew that she didn't want to talk to her but we needed to get as much information as we could.

The door bell rang and Olivia jumped a little and looked in the direction of the door.

"I-....I don't want to do this." She said as she started to tear up a little.

STAR/VOTE 💕