Chapter 1

The infinite ocean seems to fade from view, as I enter the portal. My power begins to drastically decrease, as bright colors completely surround me. I nervously glance around, just as my tail turns back into legs.

A forest surrounds me, as I nervously glance around

A forest surrounds me, as I nervously glance around. Where am I? What is this place? "Okay, I'm going to try something," I murmur, summoning a pink cloth out of thin air. It appears before me, as I gasp for air.

I purse my lips in concentration, pondering on why I feel so exhausted. I take a step forward, trying to figure out my purpose here. What am I supposed to do? It seems pretty peaceful. I continue to walk forward, passing the same pink cloth.

I march forward, passing it a third time. Am I going around in circles? I heave a sigh, before sitting on the ground and staring at the light blue sky. This place seems warm and calm. Even so, I can feel powerful magic coming from all around. I have to figure out what I need to do, despite my current predicament.

I get to my feet and continue forward, as the cloth disappears. I look all around, feeling curious about the world around me. Suddenly, I slam into something and plummet to the ground.

I notice a female standing before me. She stares at me in alarm, before extending out her hand. I hesitantly take it, as she smiles. Her long, blonde hair flows down her back like a waterfall, as her bright, blue eyes fill with worry. Pure white wings are on her back. If anything, she looks like an angel.

"Sorry!" She yelps, before making a run for it

"Sorry!" She yelps, before making a run for it. Just as I step forward and try to stop her, she scurries away. People in all black come from behind the trees, as a chill races down my spinal cord. They're guards!

"You!" One of states, as I stare at him in alarm. "There was a girl passing through here! Tell us where she went!" I stare at them with wide eyes. What type of world did I end up in? I tilt my head to the side in confusion, wondering what exactly is going on.

"I-I don't understand..." I stammer, as they intensely look at me. "Where am I? What is this place? Who are you?" As the guards look at me, I notice their dark-colored armor. Their horses, like the rest of their outfits, were pitch black.

"She's delusional," another guard notes. "Take her." I step away from them, before clenching my trembling fists. What do they mean? Where are they going to take me?

Just as one of them grabs me by the arm, I immediately turn to glare at him. "What do you think you're doing, little girl?" The tall guard questions, as I eye him cautiously. What do they want with me?

"Grab her," one of the superior guards commands. I look at him, as my heart hammers within my chest. Why? As much as I want to attempt to use my magic, I know that the chances of saving myself are low. How do I get myself into these types of situations?