Chapter 49

As we leave the Legendarium world, our Mythix transformations immediately fade and are replaced with our normal ones. I exchange a look with Flora, as a bright smile forms on my lips.

We appear in front of the others, as the nearby werewolves become human once again

We appear in front of the others, as the nearby werewolves become human once again. "Congrats. You did it!" Musa states, with a casual grin on her face. "Can I?" Flora nods, before handing her the totem.

Musa snaps her fingers, as a gem appears out of thin air. The gem floats over to the totem, before the objects combine together and create the Legendarium key. Musa grabs the key, before running a hand through her hair.

Tecna smiles. "We did it!"

"You should've seen Flora!" I declare, as the said female's cheeks flush in embarrassment. "She was absolutely amazing! She defeated Icy!" Musa and Tecna exchange a look, before grinning at the nature fairy.

"That's awesome, Flora!"

"I knew you had it in you all this time."

Flora smiles sheepishly. "T-Thanks...!"

"H-Hey, Aqua..." A voice comes from behind. I turn around, being face to face with Jax. He nervously scratches the back of his head, before pursing his lips in concentration. "Jax, is everything okay...?" I ask, taking a step towards him.

"Aqua, I..."

Suddenly, an orb of snow charges at us. Jax scowls in annoyance, before raising his arms in the air and creating a barrier around us. "You pathetic fairies thought you get could away from me!" Icy states, before chuckling to herself.

"Icy!" I shout, before racing towards the ice witch. She smirks in amusement, before raising her arms and sending a beam of snow magic at me. I snap my fingers, as the snow melts instantly. "Tch! Antarctica's blizzard!" She declares.

A fairly powerful beam charges at me. I hold out my arm, completely nullifying the attack. Icy's eyes widen in terror, as I narrow my eyes at her. Before I could cast a spell, Jax appears behind Icy and knocks her unconscious with a single attack.

"Hey! I had it!"

Jax lands on the ground and chuckles to himself, as I cross my arms in annoyance. "It was worth it," he comments, as an amused smirk forms on his lips. "You should've seen your reaction. It was priceless."

"You make a fair point," I point out, before eyeing him carefully. "So, what were you saying before we were interrupted?" Jax heaves a sigh and runs a hand through his hair, before meeting my gaze.

"Aqua, once we return to Magicix, I'm leaving to go on a dangerous mission," he states, as my eyes widen in shock. "I don't know when I'll return, but I'll be gone for awhile." Tears form in my eyes, as I engulf him in a hug and bury my face into his chest.

"J-Jax... I'm going to miss you so much..."

He wraps his arms around me and holds me close to his chest. "Aqua, I'll miss you too..." He says softly, as tears stream down my cheeks. "I will return as soon as I can. I love you, Aqua. I always will."

"I love you too, Jax..." I hum, before looking into his eyes. "Please promise me that you'll be careful and do your best. I know you can do it. You're one of the strongest individuals I know. Take your time and do your best. I'll be eagerly awaiting your return."

"Okay, Aqua. I promise."

After that, Jax summoned a portal and left us. Tecna and Timmy get onto the hovercraft and prepare for the journey back to Alfea, while Helia and Flora are sitting in the corner and chatting. In the back of the hovercraft, Musa and Riven are talking about their issues. As for me, I remain on a couch and look out the window. Although our mission was a complete success, I won't see Jax for a long time, and I'm going to desperately miss him.