Chapter 18

The moment we arrive at the vortex of flames, Icy throws Bloom into the fiery pit. "Bloom!" Daphne shouts, as I stare at the scene in astonishment. Smirks form on their faces, as Daphne clenches her fists in desperation.

"You'll pay for this," I state, as they snicker in amusement. "I'll make you regret your actions!" I hold up my arm and send an attack at them, just as they vanish into thin air. Daphne falls to her knees, as tears stream down her cheeks.

A roar comes from behind, as I stare at the monsters through the corners of my eyes. "Daphne, get up," I say. "The fire eaters are here." She slowly gets to her feet, before getting into a fighting stance. Before the monsters could attack, a fire-like mist spreads throughout the palace and eliminates every fire eater.

Bloom reveals herself from the vortex of flames, as a look of relief crosses Daphne's face. A golden light surrounds Bloom, as Daphne's eyes light up. Once the light dies down, her form has completely changed.

Daphne flies over to Bloom, before engulfing her in a hug

Daphne flies over to Bloom, before engulfing her in a hug. "We were so worried about you!" She declares. I nod in agreement, as Bloom shoots me a warm smile.

"It's time to return to the party," Bloom states, before landing on the ground. I exchange a look with Daphne, as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach. I release my transformation and change back to my dress.

We walk back to the ballroom, as everyone starts to cheer

We walk back to the ballroom, as everyone starts to cheer. I approach Jax, who has a casual smile on his face. He runs a hand through his hair, as my heart flutters within my chest.

"Let's go," he says, before taking my hand and teleporting us outside of the palace. We appear in front of the ocean, as I look at the sunset before us in amazement. "It's so pretty!" I state.

"I agree," Jax responds, before sitting on the sand. I sit right next to him and pull my knees to my chest, as he puts his arm around me. I rest my head on his shoulder, as a warm smile forms on my lips.

"You know, I heard that you've been training with powerful wizards for the last four months," I say softly. He chuckles to himself, before looking at me through the corners of his eyes.

"Who told you that?"

"I'm not telling."

He turns to look at me, pinning me down and tickling me. I struggle against his grasp, before frantically kicking my legs. "Tell me, or I'll continue to tickle you," he threatens.

"S-Stop...!"

"No. Tell me."

"F-Fine... J-Just stop..."

"Tell me first."

I shoot him a glare. "I-It was Sky...!"

"Okay."

He stops tickling me and gets to his feet, as I cross my arms in annoyance. "My dress is all sandy now!" I groan, as he chuckles to himself. I stand up, attempting to wipe all of the dress off of my dress.

"You're fun to tease," he states, before tucking a strand of hair behind my hair. "On a more serious note, how was your journey to the other world?" I heave a sigh, before sitting on the sand once again.

He sits right next to me and turns to face me. "So, is it safe to assume that there's a lot to talk about?" Jax questions. I smile softly, before looking at the ocean.

"Yes," I admit. "When I first arrived there, I immediately figured out that my powers were gone. I met this girl named Ahaha, and she rescued me from some guards."

"She informed me about the war between the kingdom of light and kingdom of darkness," I continue. "I soon met the queen of light, and she informed me that I was the person who could end the war."

"What happened after that?"

"Well, Ahaha started introducing me to her friends," I answer. "After awhile, I finally joined the fight and got captured by the kingdom of darkness right away."

He bursts out laughing, as I cross my arms in annoyance. "To think you'd be captured like that..." He chokes out, which causes me to playfully punch his shoulder.

"After that, I met the queen of the kingdom of darkness and her daughter, Cahya," I inform. "They were surprisingly nice, and I soon figured out what needed to be done."

"That's awesome, Aqua."

"What about you? Tell me about your training," I say eagerly, as he chuckles to himself. "What was it like? Who trained you? What did they teach you?"

"Okay," he states, with a serious expression on his face. "After you left, I journeyed to another dimension and met five wizards that have been alive for the past five thousand years."

"That's a long time!"

He nods in agreement. "All of them were extremely powerful," Jax admits. "Not only that, but they helped me unlock my second origin." I tilt my head to the side in confusion. What does he mean by second origin?

"Huh? What's...?"

"The second origin is a true activation of a wizard's full power," he says as if reading my mind. "This allows for wizards to become physically stronger, increases their quantity of magic, and intensifies their magic power. Pretty cool, right?"

"That's awesome! I'm happy for you!"

For the remainder of the night, we enjoy each other's company. I rest my head on shoulder, being thankful to be back with him. We've been apart for so long, and it's reassuring to sit alongside him once again.