Chapter 24

With the increasing tension between Rena and Bloom, I ended up taking Rena back to Alfea. If anything, this will give them some time apart and gives them both the chance to get over it.

As for now, I'm walking through the courtyard with Rena, who's been extremely silent. "Rena, is everything okay?" I ask abruptly, which captures her attention.

"Bloom really frustrates me," she admits. "She thinks she's all that! I could definitely beat her in a fight, even though she's the fairy of the dragon flame! She's so weak! I don't understand why she thinks she can boss everyone else around!"

I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, thinking about them facing off against each other. That would definitely be a good fight! "That would be a good match," I murmur to myself, as Rena nods in response.

Suddenly, an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. It feels like something is wrong in the infinite ocean. I grab my head, before closing my eyes in concentration. The selkies are in danger!

"Aqua, what's wrong?"

"The selkies are in danger!" I declare, as her eyes widen in terror. "We need to get to the infinite ocean right away!" A serious expression appears on her face, as she nods in my direction. I open a portal to the infinite ocean and enter it, as my form begins to change.

Rena enters the portal right behind me, as I look over my shoulder at her

Rena enters the portal right behind me, as I look over my shoulder at her. She starts to transform, as my eyes light up. Within seconds, she is in her Tiefix transformation.

"It seems Tiefix works underwater," I note, as Rena carefully examines my outfit

"It seems Tiefix works underwater," I note, as Rena carefully examines my outfit. A genuine smile appears on her face, as she nods in response. "I like your new underwater form," she states.

All of a sudden, Nissa and Skyla quickly swim towards us, with frantic expressions on their faces. "Aqua, there's a creature...!" Nissa states. "It's targeting the selkies!"

I purse my lips in concentration, as my face hardens. "Where's the other selkies?" I question, as tears form in her eyes. I exchange a look with Rena, knowing that something bad must've happened.

Rena frowns. "Nissa, Skyla, lead us there."

They nod in response, before swimming forward. We arrive at the emperor's throne within minutes, as I spot a creature swarming my throne. I look towards the top of the throne, noticing the Trixs staring down at us.

"Well, well, well, look who it is," Icy mocks, intensely staring at us. I narrow my eyes at them, as rage forms in the pit of my stomach. What do they gain from doing this!?

"What are you doing?" I say in a dangerous tone. "How dare you come back here? Do you remember what I said last time you came here?" The Trixs slowly back away, as I continue to approach them.

"Sisters, let's go!" Icy states, before they vanish almost instantly. I look over my shoulder at Rena and the monster, as she launches it to the ground. I hold out my arm, as the pressure around the creature intensifies. Just as the monster begins to struggle against my spell, Rena appears behind it and completely destroys the creature.

The other selkies appear before us, as relief forms in the pit of my stomach. I share a look with Rena, before swimming towards them. "Thank you so much!" Lemmy states.

"It was amazing to see you again, but we have to go," Rena says abruptly. I nod, before giving my selkie a big hug. Rena takes my hand, before waving good bye to them. "We'll visit again soon," I say, before waving good bye to the selkies.