Chapter 13

My eyes open, as I stretch my arms. I look around the room, noticing that everyone else is still passed out. I chuckle to myself, before grabbing my pillow and blanket.

Once I return to my room, I summon my gifts from the darkness and light queens. I open a gift, instantly taking out a gorgeous, pink and white dress, with pearls on it. I grin, before changing into the dress.

As I steps out of my room, Stella stands there

As I steps out of my room, Stella stands there. Her eyes widen upon seeing me, as a genuine smile forms on her lips. "Aqua, your dress is gorgeous!" She states.

After that, we head to the cafeteria, where the other girls were sitting at a table and eating breakfast. Stella and I sit down with the Winx, as they stare at me in astonishment.

"That dress looks so pretty!" Roxy states, with a bright smile on her face. Bloom nods in agreement, before taking a bite of her bacon. "That was my thought. Where'd you get it?" Musa questions.

"It was a gift from the queen of the light kingdom," I say, as they stare at me in pure confusion. "Once I stopped the war, both queens showered me with many gifts. I'm surprised how beautiful it is."

"That dress fits you really well," Flora states, shooting me a warm smile. I run a hand through my hair, before looking at Rena through the corners of my eyes. "You alright?" I question.

"Oh! Yes, I'm good!" She states, chuckling nervously. "I was going to ask you girls if you wanted to go to Makani with me today." I eye her carefully, wondering why she wants to go there. Perhaps, she's homesick?

"Um, sure," Bloom responds, before taking another bite of her bacon. I nod in her direction, as Rena's eyes seem to light up. Aisha, whose been surprisingly quiet, turns to stare at Rena for a moment. "What's the occasion?" She asks.

"Today is a big day," Rena states. "Not only does this day come once every hundred years, but everyone is preparing for it. On this day, we're going to find out which citizen of Makani will become the new Fate."

I stare at her with wide eyes. Rena has really been looking forward to this day, and I bet she's ecstatic. "You've always dreamed of that!" I point out, as she nods. "Winx, we need to be there for her."

"Okay, let's talk to the headmistress about it then," Musa says, before getting to her feet. We follow right behind her, stopping right in front of Ms. Faragonda, whose casually eating her breakfast. "Hello, girls. What can I do for you?" She asks.

"Ms. Faragonda, today is a big day in Makani," Rena informs. "May we have permission to go there?" The headmistress' face softens, as a bright smile forms on her lips.

"Of course. Have fun!"

"Thank you so much!"

She nods in response, as I turn to face the other girls. "Okay, I got this!" I declare, before summoning my magic orb. "Magic orb, teleport us to Makani."

Within seconds, we appear in Makani. It was absolutely gorgeous today! The sky was a deep purple, while the many temples glow a bright gold. "W-Wow!" Roxy says in pure amazement.

Bloom's eyes widen. "It's so pretty!"

Musa grins. "That's my thought."

"I can't wait!" Rena squeals, with tears in her eyes. "Girls, follow me." She leads the way, as we follow right behind her. I watch her skip forward, as a smile forms on my face. She really has been waiting for this day her entire life, I think to myself.

Rena soon stops in front of her parents and engulfs them in a hug, before turning to face us. "Winx, this is the Queen and king of Makani," she says. "They're also my parents."

"Winx, it's a pleasure to meet you," Rena's mom states, shooting us a warm smile. "Aqua, it's nice to see you again. I'm glad you'll be joining us on this special day."

Suddenly, a loud roar comes from the sky, which captures our attention. I look up, as large, white monsters hover over us. "W-What are those things...?" Stella gasps.

I purse my lips in concentration, before looking at Rena. She maintains her composure, as a serious expression appears on her face. "They're known as air beasts," she informs. "Not only are they ancient monsters, but they're also dangerous. They were originally defeated by the first generation of people who lived in Makani." I exchange a look with Bloom, knowing that we need to save everyone before it's too late.