Chapter 43

Once we finish our meal, Jax and I head outside to enjoy the sunset. He takes my hand and leads me to a bench, as a soft wind blows against my hair. We sit down, before looking up at the beautiful sky.

"It sure is lovely tonight," I say softly, resting my head on Jax's shoulder. He places his arm around my shoulder, before nodding in agreement. Jax shoots me a warm smile, as my heart flutters within my chest.

"Hey, Aqua..." He hums, as I lift my head to look at him. "I've been meaning to ask you..." His voice fades, as I scrunch my brow in concern. What does he want to know? Does it have something to do with the Winx?

"What is it, Jax?"

"Aqua." He places his hands on my shoulders and looks into my eyes. "Once everything settles down, I want to start my future with you. You're the most important person to me, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Tears form in my eyes, as I engulf him in a hug. "J-Jax..." I start, as he wraps his arms around him. "I would love to!" A bright smile etches on my face, as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach. He really has no idea how much that means to me!

Suddenly, my phone goes off. I jump in surprise, before taking it out of my purse. I look at my phone, as Roxy's name pops up. I exchange a look with Jax, as he nods in my direction. "It's probably important," he says.

I answer the phone and put it next to my ear. "Roxy, is everything okay?" I ask worriedly, as the said female starts to breathe heavily. I purse my lips in concentration, before meeting Jax's gaze.

"Aqua!" She declares in a panicked tone. Roxy tries to explain the situation, but unfortunately, she's speaking way too fast. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, as a serious expression forms on my face. Something is definitely wrong, I think to myself.

"Roxy, please slow down."

"I'm sorry to interrupt your date!"

"It's okay, Roxy," I say in a surprisingly calm tone. "I don't want you to worry about that at all. You wouldn't have called so frantically if there wasn't an emergency. So, please, tell me, what's wrong."

"Okay, Aqua."

"Thank you, Roxy."

"We're being attacked by pirates."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Pirates?"

"They're creatures from the Legendarium!" She states. "Aqua, they're coming from everywhere! They're...!" The call ends abruptly, as my eyes flash dangerously. I look over at Jax, as a serious expression appears on his face.

"Aqua, let's go," Jax says, as I nod in agreement. "We need to help them." He creates a portal, before taking my hand and heading straight into it. Hopefully, we can make it before it's too late.